Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyCloud Desktop Client - Network Error ReadyCloud Server is unavailable

Guvner27
Aspirant

This update has worked well for all my remote users that had this 'not connecting' issue - thanks for that.

However, I have an issue on the PC I user as admin, where the install does not complete - it speeds through then seems to get stuck. No error messages, it just sits there and goes noweher. See screenshot.  I have uninstalled, rebooted and tried running as administrator. 

Thoughts?

WIndows 10

Aiienware 13 R3

Message 1 of 18

Accepted Solutions
Guvner27
Aspirant

I found a fix tonight and now its working.  Repro steps:

- Try installation - it stalls during installation (per above thread)

- Open Windows Task Manager

- Find READYCLOUD.  It has 3 sub-tasks showing

- Select 'READYCloud Utils' and end only that sub-task (not the master task)

- Installation then resumes and the app completes installation

View solution in original post

Model: RN422|ReadyNAS 422 2-Bay with up to 20 TB total storage
Message 18 of 18

All Replies
nextwavepc
Guide

we are getting that the service is unavailable. downloaded the new app per the post. now it appears the app is 'unfinished' with text appearing code based and we are still unable to logon. see attached please. 

Model: RN20441D|ReadyNAS204
Message 2 of 18
nextwavepc
Guide

readycloud update not working

the update isnt working. it appears the app is unfinished - there is basic text rather than a finished app, and we still are not able to even logon much less connect. see attached

Model: RN204|ReadyNAS204
Message 3 of 18
bedlam1
Prodigy

@nextwavepc 

Try installing/re-installing Java Runtime Environment (aka JRE) V1.8.0_201.

Message 4 of 18
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Guvner27 @nextwavepc

Have you tried installing the app on a different PC? It seems to be isolated on the workstation you used since users are confirming that the app has installed and resolved the issue.

@Guvner27

Try to check if you can cancel and reinstall the app.

@nextwavepc

It seems that the issue involves Java. Kindly check if you can update the version

Regards

Message 5 of 18
nextwavepc
Guide

i have tried on several workstations - both in and out of the building. i just tried updating java - still same issue. 

Message 6 of 18
Guvner27
Aspirant

@Marc_V 

Have you tried installing the app on a different PC? It seems to be isolated on the workstation you used since users are confirming that the app has installed and resolved the issue.

Yessir. All my users on different PCs work just fine. It's this one PC that is the issue. It also happens to be my NAS PC, and my account is the admin (unlike the others).  Nontheless, it ran the previous version just fine, its this update that is the problem.  

Try to check if you can cancel and reinstall the app.

It wont cancel, I have to kill it from Task Manager.  I have uninstalled multiple times, reinstalled, re-downloaded, rebooted etc. Same problem every time.

Message 7 of 18
Icewaterhot
NETGEAR Employee

Hi @nextwavepc @Guvner27 ,

I saw 2 issues on the screenshot. 

1. The code appears on the readycloud app.

2. ReadyCLOUD can not be installed, will be stuck in the registry.

Is there any security software on your PC that will prevent Readycloud installation?

If the code appears on the readycloud app, please install this patch package and try it out.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3154519/support-for-tls-system-default-versions-included-in...

Message 8 of 18
Guvner27
Aspirant

Hi @Icewaterhot 

Thanks for the suggestion.  There shouldnt be anything blocking the app as it worked just fine before this update. I ran the patch but it gives an error saying "not applicable to my system" (I ran both options just to be sure, same each time). Screenshot attached.

Any further suggestions much appreciated, esp as it sounds like a registry issue from you note.

Message 9 of 18
Guvner27
Aspirant

BTW - I did not see any code (presume you mean on the desktop app?). This installation is failing during the install of the desktop app update, so I dont have an app anymore.

Message 10 of 18
Icewaterhot
NETGEAR Employee

Hi @Guvner27 ,

Your situation should be the second situation I said, you need to check the registry, the normal situation should be my screenshot below.

"configure registry settings" . We also need to check the version of the windows. What is your version number?

screenshot.png

Message 11 of 18
Guvner27
Aspirant

Your situation should be the second situation I said, you need to check the registry, the normal situation should be my screenshot below.

"configure registry settings" . We also need to check the version of the windows. What is your version number?

I see the correct install on other PCs, just not this one, my admin PC (which had been running the app just fine before this update).  

As you saw from my earlier screenshot, it's not getting to "configure registry settings".  When you say "check the registry", what am I checking for?   

Windows 10 Home v1803 build 17134.590

Message 12 of 18
Icewaterhot
NETGEAR Employee

Hi @Guvner27 ,

I can also install work fine on Win10 home v1803. So need check again on your PC. If not  you can PM me, I will help you see it remotely.

Message 13 of 18
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Guvner27

Can you try to disable your Antivirus program if you have any, uninstall the ReadyCloud app manually and make sure that the ReadyCloud folder is completely removed from the programs folder. After this, you can try to reinstall ReadyCloud Client v1.17.

Please let us know if this works.

Regards

Message 14 of 18
nextwavepc
Guide

hi there.

after installing the java update and then the readycloud update we were able to get it to work. its actually much faster now as well!

Message 15 of 18
Guvner27
Aspirant

Can you try to disable your Antivirus program if you have any, uninstall the ReadyCloud app manually and make sure that the ReadyCloud folder is completely removed from the programs folder. After this, you can try to reinstall ReadyCloud Client v1.17.

Thanks @Marc_V - no luck. I'm going to use the web interface for now and wait until there is a new update of the desktop app. I'm losing too much time trying to figure this out.  I appreciate the help.

- Jon

Message 16 of 18
Guvner27
Aspirant

I can also install work fine on Win10 home v1803. So need check again on your PC. If not  you can PM me, I will help you see it remotely.

Thanks @Icewaterhot but I'm going to stick with the web interface until there is a new update. The desktop app worked on this PC before this update, it doesn't work afterwards and I've spent too long trying to figure it out already.  All my client PCs that rely on the desktop app are working fine and for my admin PC, the web interface is good.

Please advise when the next desktop app update is available.

Message 17 of 18
Guvner27
Aspirant

I found a fix tonight and now its working.  Repro steps:

- Try installation - it stalls during installation (per above thread)

- Open Windows Task Manager

- Find READYCLOUD.  It has 3 sub-tasks showing

- Select 'READYCloud Utils' and end only that sub-task (not the master task)

- Installation then resumes and the app completes installation

Model: RN422|ReadyNAS 422 2-Bay with up to 20 TB total storage
Message 18 of 18
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements