Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyCloud Desktop Client ERR_NETWORK ERR_CONNECT

Doggerel
Aspirant

ReadyCloud Desktop Client ERR_NETWORK ERR_CONNECT

I continue to have the same issues as this thread describes.  I am running Windows 7 Professional and have all the current firmware and software updates.  I installed the new software from the link provided several times, but on login I still get:

ERR_NETWORK

ERR_CONNECT

access through readyCLOUD on this PC as well as my Android Tablet still work.

Model: RN21200|ReadyNAS 212 Series 2-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Icewaterhot
NETGEAR Employee

Along with TLS 1.2 support on ReadyCloud Server,  ReadyCloud Win client is upgraded to v.1.17  with TLS 1.2 support either.   It’s found  new version doesn’t work in old Windows version such as Window 7, the reason  is TLS 1.1 and 1.2 are not supported on old Windows version. 

Could you please  try this ?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3154518/support-for-tls-system-default-versions-included-in...

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8

All Replies
mkrt
Star

Re: ReadyCloud Desktop Client

i am having the same issue and after finding this thread i updated the readycloud app but the problem is not solved. also the newer version of the app seems to not be working correctly at all. i tried to reinstall app and restart pc several times but it doesn't help. i am using windows 7

scr.jpg

Message 2 of 8
Icewaterhot
NETGEAR Employee

Hi @Doggerel 

Please refer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3154519/support-for-tls-system-default-versions-included-in... ,  install corresponding patch if running  into the issue.

Message 3 of 8
Doggerel
Aspirant

I tried to run the patch at that link.  I get the message "the update is not applicable to your computer."  I am running windows 7 professional.

Is it possible to tell me what has changed so that I have some idea where to look for an answer?

Thank you

Kevin

Message 4 of 8
Icewaterhot
NETGEAR Employee

Along with TLS 1.2 support on ReadyCloud Server,  ReadyCloud Win client is upgraded to v.1.17  with TLS 1.2 support either.   It’s found  new version doesn’t work in old Windows version such as Window 7, the reason  is TLS 1.1 and 1.2 are not supported on old Windows version. 

Could you please  try this ?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3154518/support-for-tls-system-default-versions-included-in...

Message 5 of 8
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Doggerel

Can you try to disable your Antivirus program if you have any, uninstall the ReadyCloud app manually and make sure that the ReadyCloud folder is completely removed from the programs folder. After this, you can try to reinstall ReadyCloud Client v1.17.

Please let us know if this works.

Regards

Message 6 of 8
mkrt
Star

Message 7 of 8
Icewaterhot
NETGEAR Employee

@mkrt Thank you for your feedback.

Message 8 of 8