Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Readycloud practicality

Blanker-2
Guide

Readycloud practicality

I'm trying out readycloud and have been using it for a couple weeks now. I get that it's an easier way to access your Nas instead of configuring port settings on your router.

1. Is it always slow to connect?
2. When backing up pictures from your phone, it doesn't seem to do this in the background. do I need to manually launch the readycloud app to start this process every day?
3. I cannot see picture thumbnails on any of the pictures. I need to click on them to see what the picture is. This is kind of a deal-breaker for me.

I'm not sure I see the advantages here over Google drive or Google photos since the latter will do two and three. I get that readycloud is your own private cloud but that doesn't seem to be enough for me. Just wondering if I'm missing something here. thanks
Model: EDA500|ReadyNAS Expansion Chassis 5-Bay,RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2-Bay
Message 1 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hello Blanker

1. Is it always slow to connect?

to get fast connection,you can connect your cell phone and NAS in the same network.

2. When backing up pictures from your phone, it doesn't seem to do this in the background. do I need to manually launch the readycloud app to start this process every day?

you can enable "Backup in Background" in backup setting page.when this feature is enabled,ReadyCLOUD app will backup new photos automatically in background.

3. I cannot see picture thumbnails on any of the pictures. I need to click on them to see what the picture is. This is kind of a deal-breaker for me.

are you using IOS app?I can see the thumbnails of JPG files.

Message 2 of 5
Blanker-2
Guide

Thanks. I'm using the readycloud android app and i don't see #2 or 3
Message 3 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi Blanker

ReadyCLOUD dev will release Android app 2.0.0 this week,please verify issue 2&3 you mentioned in the new version.

Message 4 of 5
Blanker-2
Guide

I just updated the app. Thanks for that info! I can now see thumbnails. I wish there was a view option to see them in a grid similar to Google Drive rather than a column. The thumbnails are kind of small but I'm happy enough. I can't have everything I guess. For number two, I do not see an option that will allow backup in the background. perhaps it just does it automatically now? I'll keep an eye on it. Thank you very much
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements