Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

power light blinking

TECH-JEFF
Aspirant

power light blinking

Hi,

For some reason I can't access our NAS. I try to detect the device and it's not seeing it. I did a manual IPscan on my network and I can see that it's getting an IP address. Power light is blinking blue, how do I resolve this?

Thanks

TECH-JEFF

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: power light blinking

@TECH-JEFF wrote:

not quite sure about the warranty since our company bought this small company and this NAS was included in the buy out.

The mods ( @JohnCM_S or @Marc_V ) should be able to check.  They'd need the serial number (and the domain name in the original company's email address would help).  Send one of them a private message using the envelope icon in the upper right of the forum page.

Company acquisitions don't affect the warranty.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 11

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Try using RAIDar to check the NAS status.  If it sees the NAS, you can try downloading the log zip file.

https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads

Message 2 of 11
TECH-JEFF
Aspirant

I did use RAIDar, it was detected with status: no disks detected. Tried the admin page, it opens a browser but unable to see the login or home screen, just shwos site can't be reached. Tried to click on 'Browse' opens the windows explorer but nothing shows up. Tried rescan, no go

Message 3 of 11
StephenB
Guru

@TECH-JEFF wrote:

I did use RAIDar, it was detected with status: no disks detected.

The NAS boots off the disks.  So if no disks are detected, then you can't reach the admin page, and of course can't see any files.

You should power down, and remove the disks (labeling by slot).  Then test them in a windows PC (connecting with either SATA or a USB adapter/dock).  Run the long test in the vendor diagnostic (seatools for seagate, or lifeguard for western digital).

Another thing you could try is removing disk 1 (powered down) and see if the NAS boots w/o it.  If it fails the same way, then try putting disk 1 back, and booting w/o disk 2. 

Message 4 of 11
TECH-JEFF
Aspirant

So I tried powering off, take out both disks (1,2) no go. 

-Tried powering off, take out disk 1 and left disk 2: no go

-tried powering off, take out disk 2 and left disk 1: no go

I guess this might be a disks issues, will try scanning both disks and see what comes up on the scan report.

Thanks

TECH-JEFF

Message 5 of 11
StephenB
Guru

@TECH-JEFF wrote:

I guess this might be a disks issues, will try scanning both disks and see what comes up on the scan report.

Testing the disks is the next step. 

Another possibility is that the sata bus in the chassis has failed.  Do you have a spare disk that you know is working?

Message 6 of 11
TECH-JEFF
Aspirant

So I did test both drives and both are still in good condition as per SeaTools. I think something's wrong with the chassy.

I did try to press and hold the SYS button at the back, hold it whiel turning on the NAS. hold for 5 secs, no go, repeat the same process but hold it for 20 secs, no go

Message 7 of 11
StephenB
Guru

Have you checked your warranty status? (3 years for the original purchaser).

Message 8 of 11
TECH-JEFF
Aspirant

not quite sure about the warranty since our company bought this small company and this NAS was included in the buy out.

Message 9 of 11
StephenB
Guru

@TECH-JEFF wrote:

The mods ( @JohnCM_S or @Marc_V ) should be able to check.  They'd need the serial number (and the domain name in the original company's email address would help).  Send one of them a private message using the envelope icon in the upper right of the forum page.

Company acquisitions don't affect the warranty.

Message 10 of 11
TECH-JEFF
Aspirant

@StephenB 

Thanks! really appreciate this, have a great day ahead

TECH-JEFF

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos