× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware update 6.10.6 breaks Plex

gusvernom
Initiate

Firmware update 6.10.6 breaks Plex

Hi there Community,

I have a ReadyNas 424, with only nfs shares and one application running on it: Plex

I recently received a notification to update from 6.10.5 hotfix 1 to 6.10.6

After the update reboot, Plex would no longer launch. I updated Plex with the latest version (1.25.2), with no success.

Workaround:

Fortunately, I could reload the 6.10.5 firmware, and my Plex system went live immediately.

If this information can be of anyhelp for anybody... I spent a couple of hours quite nervous before I could launch Plex again!

G

Model: RN424|ReadyNAS 424 – High-performance Business Data Storage - 4-Bay
Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Tagging @JeraldM and @kohdee to make sure they see this.

@gusvernom wrote:

Hi there Community,

I have a ReadyNas 424, with only nfs shares and one application running on it: Plex

I recently received a notification to update from 6.10.5 hotfix 1 to 6.10.6

After the update reboot, Plex would no longer launch. I updated Plex with the latest version (1.25.2), with no success.

Workaround:

Fortunately, I could reload the 6.10.5 firmware, and my Plex system went live immediately.

If this information can be of anyhelp for anybody... I spent a couple of hours quite nervous before I could launch Plex again!

G

Message 2 of 5
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

Maybe too much time has passed  but if you download the log bundle, you can check systemd-journald log and share the reason why Plex wouldn't start. From there we could help identify what problem you ran into and see if it is actually 6.10.6 related. 

Message 3 of 5
gusvernom
Initiate

Hi,

Yes, it's a bit late. the logs starts after I went back to the previous firmware. sorry

If I have some time in the next month I can try to make the upgrade again.

Message 4 of 5
Ra20r
Aspirant

I am too facing this issue.
Updated Plex to the latest version, then did the RN OS update to 6.10.6 and now the Plex services doesn't start.

I've not down graded the RN OS yet, so if logs are needed I can grab them.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements