× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: PLEX is failing to initialize with error 22002010000 on latest version on ReadyNas 516

mage1
Aspirant

PLEX is failing to initialize with error 22002010000 on latest version on ReadyNas 516

Any idea what might cause this? Corrupt config? I noticed the app wasn't started and attempting to start it resulted in failing to initialize 22002010000 error code. I upgrade to latest version and still same result. Reboot of the NAS resulted in the same.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,

Rob

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: PLEX is failing to initialize with error 22002010000 on latest version on ReadyNas 516

In this case I think the problem was this:

At some point Plex crashed and the pid file /apps/plexmediaserver/MediaLibrary/Plex Media Server/plexmediaserver.pid was left behind

Consequently each time you tried to start Plex, Plex thought it was already running and refused to start.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi mage1,

Can you confirm the exact Firmware version running in your RN516 unit? You may also want to check this old post.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 7
mage1
Aspirant

I am running the latest firmware 6.4.0 on the 516 unit.

I did find that post you linked to, but I have little idea about all those Linux commands and am unsure what I need to do to repair it.

I could remove and reinstall PLEX.  Would that do it?  I suppose that might blow away all my data, too (like indexing information, poster seletions, what's watched or not, etc.) and all of that would have to be recalculated and some of it redone manually?  😞

Barring that, any other ideas?

Thanks,

Rob

Message 3 of 7
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi mage1,

You could lose all your settings if the app will be removed. For the meantime, let's hear from other members and see if they have other suggestions or a workaround to fix this.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 7
StephenB
Guru

There are a few postings reporting this over the past couple of years (both in the plex forum and here).

I'm not seeing anyone who managed to resolve it w/o reinstalling plex.

Message 5 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

In this case I think the problem was this:

At some point Plex crashed and the pid file /apps/plexmediaserver/MediaLibrary/Plex Media Server/plexmediaserver.pid was left behind

Consequently each time you tried to start Plex, Plex thought it was already running and refused to start.

Message 6 of 7
mage1
Aspirant

That was it!  I marked it as the solution.

Thanks all and thank you mdgm!

Rob

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements