× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Duo v1 and Logitech LMS logging in problem: invalid username or password

hander2
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Duo v1 and Logitech LMS logging in problem: invalid username or password

Was chasing an error on the network and happened to notice two versions of LMS on my NAS (which had been working fine). 7.7.3 (i think) and one earlier.

Deleted both, followed cleaning procedure etc and installed the newest version (7.7.5 SPARC). Now can't log into LMS on ReadyNAS as I get the error message:

invalid mysqueezebox.com username or password

Have tried:

numerous reinstalls of different versions

cleaning databases via both logitech's update and also from manual controls (in 7.7.5 onwards)

SSH-ing in and deleting anything I could find with squeezebox.

creating another account and trying to log in with this.

Both accounts log in fine from the web; it's not a fat fingers problem.

If someone could guide me through a decent SSH to get everything out, I'd be super grateful. Other suggestions welcome!

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
hander2
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS Duo v1 and Logitech LMS logging in problem: invalid username or password

Just to update and close this thread:

I emailed logitech whose tech support I love (in that they actually answer with an action specific to your problem!). In short:

They reset the account which allowed me to login through the initial screen when you access the LMS from the NAS - not sure this was necessary given what follows... but it got me over the initial hurdle.

However, the LMS still wasn't taking the login details on the actual mysqueezebox tab. (rejecting with the same message).

A few emails established that comms from NAS were in some way being blocked.

I then noticed the DNS server setting in the NAS was a bit odd. I'm on BT but just set google DNS of 8.8.8.8 and secondary 8.8.4.4.

Now everything works!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS Duo v1 and Logitech LMS logging in problem: invalid username or password

Message 2 of 4
hander2
Aspirant

Thanks. I've posted it there now too.

Message 3 of 4
hander2
Aspirant

Just to update and close this thread:

I emailed logitech whose tech support I love (in that they actually answer with an action specific to your problem!). In short:

They reset the account which allowed me to login through the initial screen when you access the LMS from the NAS - not sure this was necessary given what follows... but it got me over the initial hurdle.

However, the LMS still wasn't taking the login details on the actual mysqueezebox tab. (rejecting with the same message).

A few emails established that comms from NAS were in some way being blocked.

I then noticed the DNS server setting in the NAS was a bit odd. I'm on BT but just set google DNS of 8.8.8.8 and secondary 8.8.4.4.

Now everything works!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements