× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

qBittorrent Watched Folder not working

banditinoz
Apprentice

qBittorrent Watched Folder not working

Hi,

Hopefully I've started this in the right place. I've tried to document how I've got to here and I hope I've been clear.

I recently was able to automate my downloads by doing the following,

• Using an ifttt recipe I would take a torrent from showrss and copy it to my dropbox folder
  • My dropbox folder was then synced to my qBittorrent folder via ReadyNAS Vault
  • Once in there the qBittorrent app picked it up and downloaded it
  • I was one happy camper 🙂

However, then i had the stupid idea of playing with noip and all my apps screwed up, i.e. none worked as in nothing would install, uninstall, update or run

I backed everything up to a ReadyNAS Duo I have and blew the RN 102 away, starting again.

I did the copies and/or moves via Windows but it appears I have problems with that laptop HDD and ended up with tons of i/o errors.

At some point I upgraded to OS 6.4.0 T127 I think it was and then T140.

Then I realised through reading forums that I may have screwed everything up playing with noip and uninstalled that then started again, again...

Anyway, during this time my little auto download process above worked great, i.e. qBittorrent used the watched folder. Then it didn't, then it did, now it doesnt.

There may be one or two more did and didn'ts in there too.

Right now qBittorrent isn't using the watched folder any more. I've restarted the NAS and turned qBittorrent off then on again, but I haven't uninstalled and reinstalled it recently.

I can manually copy the torrent to qBittorrent and it works fine, however it appears it only likes magnets and my rss feed excludes magnets.

So now I've created ifttt Recipe ID 28783038 which uses magnets too, although nobody seems to be able to find my published feeds when searching on its ID.

I've actually created a few similar ones now because I tried to create a "sample" one and screwed up my first one, but the bad ones are turned off atm.

I'll see how this updated and published recipe goes now that includes magnets and report back, so I may solve my own problem which would be the best outcome.

At the end of the day even if I have fixed this myself, I hope that what I've written above might help others with similar issues and/or give someone an auto download solution..

P.S. If anyone wants to see the ifttt recipe and it doesn't come up, search on RSS and you should find mine or the one I based it on. I'll update when others get copied and hopefully downloaded.

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements