× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Bittorrent doesn't download

Fireblade69
Aspirant

Bittorrent doesn't download

I would be grateful if someone could assist me please.

I have a readynas duo and have uploaded torrents for file downloading yet the bittorrent doesn't start downloading the file although it's shown.

I also run utorrent on my pc and the same torrent files download to the PC; in otherwords it's not a torrent issue.

Strangely, the readynas duo bittorrent does download the file if utorrent on the pc is running.

Can anyone help??
Message 1 of 9
dabear
Aspirant

Re: Bittorrent doesn't download

My guess; You are downloading the torrent through a private tracker. Some of these dissallow the bit torrent program on the readynas, because it's too old.
Bittorrent clients will try to look for local peers using DHT. This basically explains why it can download the file even though your tracker disallows it.
Message 2 of 9
nahzhir
Aspirant

Hi everyone,
I have the same issue than Fireblade69.
My bittorent client on my readyNas Duo doesn't download anymore.
Even for public tracker (I tried with a bittorent client on my computer)

any one have an idea?
Message 3 of 9
Pedro_Rio
Aspirant

Are you correctly portfowarding?
Message 4 of 9
chirpa
Luminary

The built-in client is pretty limited. I would check out viewtopic.php?f=47&t=24271
Message 5 of 9
Phillan
Aspirant

I guess this is a bump for this thread...
I have the exact same problem. Torrents won't download on the simple BitTorrent addon and not on Transmission either. Installed BitTorrent on my laptop and I can download just fine without opening any ports in the router.
I tested the BitTorrent program on the computer with a torrentfile that I had on the ReadyNas Addon and when the download started on the computer, so did the download on the ReadyNas, and much faster as well. The other torrents still won't download.
I have port forward on port 6881(default for BitTorrent addon) in the router.

I hope someone can help me, I find this quite disturbing...
Message 6 of 9
DKloz
Aspirant

Most (private) trackers won't allow you to download from the default 6881 ports.

- Change the torrent download port in your bittorrent download manager to something between 15000 and 60000.
- Configure the port forwarding in your router (if it doesn't automatically) port X TCP to your NAS-ip.
- Disable the bittorrent downloader service in your NAS and enable to make sure port forward has been applied.
- Download torrentfile to your desktop/NAS to make sure all information is coming to your NAS.
- Import from file, sit back and relax!
Message 7 of 9
mikepegg
Aspirant

nice list and tried these steps.

but nope. still no success with bit torrent or Trans clients.
Message 8 of 9
WhoCares_
Mentor

Another common problem not mentioned in the list above is a faulty or non-existent DNS setting on the ReadyNAS. Might be worth checking.

-Stefan
Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements