× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS RND4000 V3 can't access to shared folder and frontview

Skewil
Aspirant

ReadyNAS RND4000 V3 can't access to shared folder and frontview

Hi, I can't access to shared folders and to frontview. I can acces to it after a restart, but just for a couple of minutes. I didn't change anything before this and I can ping the NAS without any trouble. if someone could help me, I'll appreciate !!

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS RND4000 V3 can't access to shared folder and frontview

I've sent you a PM (private message) - look for it via the envelope icon in the upper right of the forum.

BTW, your firmware is rather old.  After you get through this, I suggest updating it to the current version (4.1.16).

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

It could be a filling root partition.  Do you have a backup of your data?

One option is to use netgear paid support (my.netgear.com).  If you already are familiar with linux shell commands, there are some things you could try.

If you do have a backup, you can do a factory default, reconfigure the NAS, and reload the data from your backup.  Perhaps test the disks in a windows PC using the vendor's tools before you do this.  (Seatools for Seagate disks, Lifeguard for Western Digital).

Message 2 of 9
Skewil
Aspirant

I don't have any backup of my data. I use this NAS as a backup storage

I am looking for a free solution if it's possible, so I can't use netgear paid support. I know some linux sheel command, so I can try some things.

Message 3 of 9
StephenB
Guru

If you are ok with losing the backups, then a factory default is of course still possible.

Is SSH enabled on the NAS?  If not, you can still access the root partition via tech support mode, but the instructions would be a bit different.

What firmware are you running?

Message 4 of 9
Skewil
Aspirant

I can't lose my backups. So a factory default is impossible.

SSH is disabled. How I can use tech support mode ?

The firmware is RAIDiator 4.1.7

Message 5 of 9
StephenB
Guru

I've sent you a PM (private message) - look for it via the envelope icon in the upper right of the forum.

BTW, your firmware is rather old.  After you get through this, I suggest updating it to the current version (4.1.16).

Message 6 of 9
Skewil
Aspirant

I did the command you told to me.

Indeed, the OS partition is used about 20%. But 8% of avaible inodes are used.

I searched all log files, but all of them have megabytes of stuff only.

Message 7 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@Skewil wrote:

Indeed, the OS partition is used about 20%. But 8% of avaible inodes are used.

Since you do have 92% of your inodes free, then your issue is not a filling OS partition, it is something else.

You might try running the memory test option from the boot menu next. (page 23 here: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RND2110/Duov1_NV+v1_HW_en_06Dec11.pdf )  Unfortunately I don't know the LED codes that are reported by that test.  But you can post them here, and we can get Netgear's help on that part.

If the memory tests out ok:

It is possible to manually mount the RAID array and start SAMBA (windows file sharing).  You could then offload the backup files to a PC or USB drive.  After that you could do a factory reset, update the firmware, reconfigure the NAS, and restore the files from the backup. I can send you instructions on that if you like.

The other option is to use paid Netgear support (my.netgear.com), and ask them to rebuild your OS partition.  If you use per-incident support, I think it should cost about $100.

Message 8 of 9
Skewil
Aspirant

I finally succed to make it works.

After the commands that I've make before, I try to delete all log files. I aslo made scan system and a quota check.

I've reboot it 2 times. It worked during 1 hour for now. It had never worked so long before. So I'll wait some hours and will see if it continue to work. If don't I'll test your solution. But for now I think I'll stop here.

Thanks for your help

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements