× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to install plex media server on ReadyNas Duo v2

Bazatron84
Aspirant

Unable to install plex media server on ReadyNas Duo v2

Hi All,

I received a ReadyNas Duo V2 running RAIDar v5.3.13 and i have been scouring the internet to find a version of Plex Media Server that i can install.

After searching online I found that Plex no longer support anything below v1 but i know there is a version 0.9.16.6.1993-5089475 which is the last one that works on my Nas drive, i have found a windows version as an exe but this did not install as i got an error "Invalid update image" which is probably because its an exe, i think i need the arm version but have not been able to find this anywhere.

Has anyone got this version that i could grab a copy of please?

Thanks

Baz

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Unable to install plex media server on ReadyNas Duo v2

Hi @Bazatron84

Welcome to the Community!

Plex removed support for Legacy NAS on their newer versions.

You may want to try this link and see if it will work with your Duo V2. Hope you can update us.

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Bazatron84

Welcome to the Community!

Plex removed support for Legacy NAS on their newer versions.

You may want to try this link and see if it will work with your Duo V2. Hope you can update us.

Regards

Message 2 of 5
Bazatron84
Aspirant

Hi @Marc_V 

Thanks for the help giving me the files. I managed to install the 0.9.8.6.175 version, the other version failed to install when i tried, I added some content but when i tried to view the server on my Samsung Smart TV i was unable to see the server. Is this because the Plex app is a later version to my Duo V2 and i will not be able to see this?

Thanks for the quick reply

Bazatron

Message 3 of 5
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Bazatron84

Thanks for the update, not really sure as to why your NAS is not seen but it might be because of the version of the Plex App.

Have you checked if your Network DNS servers are set? Also, if you can toggle the app service it might help.

Regards

Message 4 of 5
Bazatron84
Aspirant

Hi @Marc_V ,

Thanks for the reply, i ended up trying to run the Plex app from my tower and was able to access it although it kept buffering.

I checked the DNS settings on the ReadyNAS and they seem fine or at least setup with the default settings. Is there any way of changing some of the settings to improve the buffering (Sorry for the stupid question bit new to the networking)

When i tried to install 0.9.16.6.1993 version i got "architecture is bad" do you have an .arm version or was this all you had?

Thanks again for your help in my questions, i appreciate it.

Baz

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements