× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1600 won’t connect to internet

Mason01
Aspirant

AC1600 won’t connect to internet

I have a net gear AC1600 and it has worked awesome for the 10 months I have had it. A few days ago it stopped connecting to the internet (device says WiFi has no internet connection).

It works for about 15-30 minutes after power cycle. The upload and download lights both keep flashing after 30ish minutes after reset and we lose all internet.

Note: For trouble shooting I have tried power cycling, factory reset, checked COAX cables and splitters, XFINITY tech says it’s definitely the modem because everything else is working and other modems work when installed, and I believe I have the latest firmware available for it.

Please help!

Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: AC1600 won’t connect to internet

What device do you have? AC1600 is a speed and not a model.

From your description, it sounds like a combo device. 

A screen snip of the cable connections page (shows upstream/downstream info) and the event logs helps us check your connection. 

Message 2 of 7
Mason01
Aspirant

It is a combo device. C6250-100NAS Is what the box says.

How do I access those logs? It won’t even let me access the net gear nighthawk app currently.
Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

what are the led's on it doing? (all of them, color, blinking, etc)

Message 4 of 7
Mason01
Aspirant

Power light is solids green. Download light will flicker on and off until it connects and then it’s solid, the upload light will flicker and then after about 15 minutes it restarts the process. All are green. 5GHZ and 2.4 GHZ are solid green entire time.
Message 5 of 7
Mason01
Aspirant

Follow up post for logs photo
Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

You've only got 1 channel locked. You should have a lot more. 

Start with removing any amplifiers, signal attenuators, or splitters from the coax.
From there check the line for kinks, damage, moisture in the line.
Check the connectors for improperly made ends, foil touching the copper coax line, bad/old/cheap connectors, or corroded connections. Replace them if you do.
If you can, simply connect the modem right where the coax comes into the home. This prevents wiring in the home from being the issue. And some ISP’s charge if the wiring issue is in the home. So this helps prevent this.

If this doesn't help, then the isp needs to check the line. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7