× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connected to WiFi but no internet

mattcott77
Aspirant

Connected to WiFi but no internet

I’m using a DM200 VDSL modem and an N600 WNDR3400v3 router. When I restarted both, I think it reset to factory settings. I was able to log into routerlogin.net. On the home page, internet status is “good”, several devices are attached but there is no internet. My internet provider said that the IP address is the one assigned to the router, not the one that it changes to when it connects to the internet (or something like that, I didn’t quite grasp what he said). Any help would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Connected to WiFi but no internet

The DM200 is a modem/router combo device. Its not just a router. 

It causes a double nat. 

You either need to put the DM200 in modem only mode or put the WNDR in access point mode to fix the double nat. 

Message 2 of 5
mattcott77
Aspirant

Sorry, I’m not following…
I don’t see the settings you mentioned. Do I find them on routerlogin.net? I’m currently logged in and it looks like I have the settings for the WNDR3400v3. There’s an option under WAN settings-> NAT filtering to disable SIP ALG. Do I check that box? Do I need to log in somewhere else to get the settings for the DM200? Thanks!
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

disconnect the router from the dm200. 

then connect a pc/laptop to the dm200 and try the routerlogin address. or use its ip address. 

DM200 | Product | Support | NETGEAR

Message 4 of 5

@mattcott77 wrote:
Do I need to log in somewhere else to get the settings for the DM200?

As @plemans says, the DM200 has to be in modem only mode. Do that before you add the router to your network,

To read how to achieve that, scan the Quick Start guide in the support section.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Begin with the Quick Start/Installation Guide.

Read the bit:

(Advanced) Set Up Your DSL Modem as a Modem Only

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7