× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Installation of ReadySHARE Printer Utility Version 3.1 incomplete on Mac OS 14

Travelman54
Initiate

Installation of ReadySHARE Printer Utility Version 3.1 incomplete on Mac OS 14

Installing on 27 inch iMac running the latest version of Mac OS 14

NETGEAR USB Control Center is installed but as soon as I open it I get the message that the installation is incomplete with the question to reinstall again.

Have removed the app and reinstalled already 2 times with the same results

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Travelman54
Initiate

Re: Installation of ReadySHARE Printer Utility Version 3.1 incomplete on Mac OS 14

Hi, just found out that I do not need the Printer Utility.

When I go to "Printers & Scanners" in my iMac System Settings and click on the button "Add Printer, Scanner or Fax..." the printer I connected to the router's USB port is available and I can install it using the standard print driver that is available for the model printer.
So I removed the incomplete "NETGEAR USB Control Center" app.

Will close this thread.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies

Re: Installation of ReadySHARE Printer Utility Version 3.1 incomplete on Mac OS 14

@Travelman54 wrote:

Installing on 27 inch iMac running the latest version of Mac OS 14

NETGEAR USB Control Center is installed but as soon as I open it I get the message that the installation is incomplete with the question to reinstall again.

Have removed the app and reinstalled already 2 times with the same results

If you are using the XR500, as in your tag, then you could try getting help in the section where they support those routers.

Nighthawk Pro Gaming Routers - NETGEAR Communities

In general Netgear has a hard time with Mac OS and iOS. Not helped by Apple's ever changing systems and seeming desire to freeze out third party suppliers.

Message 2 of 4
Travelman54
Initiate

When I go to "Printers & Scanners" in my iMac System Settings and click on the button "Add Printer, Scanner or Fax..." the printer I connected to the router's USB port is available and I can install it using the standard print driver that is available for the model printer.
So I removed the incomplete "NETGEAR USB Control Center" app.

Will close this thread.

Message 3 of 4

@Travelman54 wrote:

Good feedback. Thanks.

Installing the print driver in the usual way is probably the key to it. Even Windows needs that.

If you ever try to use the printer for wifi printing, the usual trick is to get the network utility from your printer maker. (Some printer makers are better than others at that) But even there the Mac might be able to use its built-in tools for that.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7