× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear AC1200 Can't reach certain web sites.

K4led
Aspirant

Netgear AC1200 Can't reach certain web sites.

Can't reach certain web sites - other web sites OK. Power cycled modem and router. Reset router. I can get to the web site by connecting computer direct to cable modem but not through the router on any networked computer wireless or wired or with any browser. Something in the router is stopping this one web site from getting through. Ping test to this web site is OK. Router is Netgear AC1200 Model R6220.

Cable Modem is ARRIS CM3200

Netgear Firmware is V1.1.0.86_1.0.1

Model: R6220v2|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router with External Antennas
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
K4led
Aspirant

Re: Netgear AC1200 Can't reach certain web sites.

I have fixed the problem by changing the router Basic>Internet>Use default MAC to Basic>Internet>Use Computer MAC.  Now I can access the web site that woas previously not opening up.  This is esentially the same as connecting the computer directly to the modem.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What modem are you using? 

Firmware on the router? 

Message 2 of 5
K4led
Aspirant

Cable Modem is ARRIS CM3200

Netgear Firmware is V1.1.0.86_1.0.1

Model: A6200|802.11ac Dual Band WiFi USB Adapter
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

Have you tried using a different dns provider? Like googles at 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4

or cloudfare at 1.1.1.1?

Also, check your pc/device for any services that can block sites like anti-virus/firewalls. 

Message 4 of 5
K4led
Aspirant

I have fixed the problem by changing the router Basic>Internet>Use default MAC to Basic>Internet>Use Computer MAC.  Now I can access the web site that woas previously not opening up.  This is esentially the same as connecting the computer directly to the modem.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7