× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to Enable Access Point Mode

Habibulalam
Tutor

Unable to Enable Access Point Mode

Hello sir,

This is Md. Habibul Alam, from Dhaka, Bangladesh. I'm using Netgar R6220 Router. and i con't Enable Access Point Mode to make wireless Bridge at my Home.

Netgear R622 is my main router, and i want to connect "Tenda F303" as wirless network rang extender. But i can't Enable Access Point Mode. please help me by instructing to make an netwark bridge using WDS

Thanks for your time and consideration

Model: R6220|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router with External Antennas
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: Unable to Enable Access Point Mode

In Netgear's terminology, Access Point mode is not the same as a wireless bridge.

Access Point mode: Requires a wired connection to the main router.  Provides Wi-Fi and wired access to clients.

Wireless bridge: Uses a wireless connection to the main router.  Provides wired access to clients.  Wi-Fi clients are NOT supported.

The R6220 can be used as an Access Point.  It is enabled in ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Wireless AP.  The R6220 cannot be used as a wireless bridge.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

In Netgear's terminology, Access Point mode is not the same as a wireless bridge.

Access Point mode: Requires a wired connection to the main router.  Provides Wi-Fi and wired access to clients.

Wireless bridge: Uses a wireless connection to the main router.  Provides wired access to clients.  Wi-Fi clients are NOT supported.

The R6220 can be used as an Access Point.  It is enabled in ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Wireless AP.  The R6220 cannot be used as a wireless bridge.

Message 2 of 5
Habibulalam
Tutor

is their any way to connect between netgear r6220 and tenda f303 wirlessly?

Message 3 of 5
TheEther
Guru

Already answered here.

Message 4 of 5
Habibulalam
Tutor

Thank you somuch, I did it successfull. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors