× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1200 wifi adapter USB 3.0 not working

supalova
Aspirant

AC1200 wifi adapter USB 3.0 not working

Hi,

I buyed an AC1200 wifi USB adapter.

I tried to follow the installation procedure and it is not working properly when using a USB 3.0 port: "the device is not found" or something similar. At the moment I just plugged in a common USB 2.0 without using the genie app or installing the drivers and, at least after some hours, it is working nicely.

Anyway I would like to use the USB 3.0, there is some fix or workaround or update of the software around the corner? 

bye

Model: A6200|AC1200 WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 7

Re: AC1200 wifi adapter USB 3.0 not working

Did you download the latest software for your device?

A6200 | Product | Support | NETGEAR

Message 2 of 7
supalova
Aspirant

sure

the right link is this one https://www.netgear.com/support/product/A6210.aspx#download

If i install the whole package with the genie app the adapter is not recognized, if I install only the driver (standalone package) the genie app does not start and it is impossible to connect to any wifi.

Message 3 of 7
Timber7777
Aspirant

Sorry not a computer guy at all but I have the same problem but I only have WiFi now and had DSL , so how do I fix the problem with no way to down load till the ac1200 is running?
Message 4 of 7

What have you tried?

Some people find that they do not need to download anything to get their wifi USB adapter to work. They happily use the drivers that are packaged in their version of Windows.

If you want to download the software, you do not have to do this on the same PC. You can download the file and copy it to your system with a USB memory stick.

Message 5 of 7

@supalova wrote:
.... if I install only the driver (standalone package) the genie app does not start and it is impossible to connect to any wifi.

You do not need any genies to connect to the wifi. Your PC does that. Look in the network settings.

Message 6 of 7
supalova
Aspirant

Both of you guys are right, but the adapter with the windows built in driver is not working in the 3.0 usb ports

Which is not a big issue but it would nice to have too

As to now I am just using the adapter with the windows driver in the USB 2.0 port

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series