× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

unexpected network error with WNA1100 wlan USB adapter

Supamarioana
Aspirant

unexpected network error with WNA1100 wlan USB adapter

Hello there,

I got the following problem and I hope somebody here can help me out: I receive an 0x8007003B (unexpected network error) whenever I try to transfer several folders containing rather small files (JPEGs, mp3s, docs) from my PC to a WesternDigital EX2 Ultra Network storage. It works for a few seconds, but then the transfer rate suddenly drops to zero an I cannot access any webpage anymore. WLAN traffic of the computer comes to a complete halt for half a minute or so until the Windows message with the error code pops up.

Except for this problem, web traffic runs fine. I can download big files and even play coop games with a friend. There's a bit lag sometimes but I never thought of it as a big problem.

This is my setup:

WD EX2 Ultra <--(LAN)--> Fritz!Box 7362 SL <--(WLAN)--> PC (Windows 10) with WNA1100 wlan USB adapter (driver v2.2.0.1 from Netgear support page)

It took a while, but I could isolate the WNA1100 as the problem, because there is no problem when I connect the PC by LAN to the Fritz!Box. Also I've got a notebook from which I can transfer files to the WD EX2 Ultra without problem. But if I deactive its internal WLAN adapter and use the WNA1100, then I get the same problem as with my PC.

So I would be thankful for any ideas. 🙂

Model: WNA1100|Wireless Adapter|EOL
Message 1 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Re: unexpected network error with WNA1100 wlan USB adapter

Hi Supamarioana,

Try to uninstall and reinstall the driver of WNA1100.

Message 2 of 5
Supamarioana
Aspirant

Hello JamesGL,

I reinstalled the "GENIE" software including the driver, but no change.

As I described in my opening post, I also installed the adapter on my notebook last week for the first time ever and it showed the same symptoms. But there is no problem when I use the notebook's internal WLAN. So I don't think there is a general problem with WLAN connections.
Message 3 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi Supamarioana,

Have you tried the standalone version of the driver?

Message 4 of 5
Supamarioana
Aspirant

Hello JamesGL,

Please excuse my late answer. I tested just installing the driver without the GENIE software. And I have the impression that it takes longer for the the error to occur but it is there nonetheless: I copied a 500 MB file and with the GENIE software installed, the error would happen at about 5%. No it happened at 95% but the file is still not copied successfully.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7