× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS108 keeps disconnecting from one device, all others work

Cowpinger
Follower

GS108 keeps disconnecting from one device, all others work

Our church has a food stand at our local fair.  We have 2 ipads with 7 receipt printers, using an Ubiquiti Edge router, Unifi AP, and a netgear gs108 switch (brand new out of box).  All printers connected to switch via cat6, and have a static ip set by the router.  Problem:  the drink printer pluged into the gs108 switch keeps disconnecting from the network.  I swaped cat6 cables with a working printer, drink printer still kept disconnecting.  Did a factory reset of the printer, and also changed the static IP, still had the problem.  I finally pluged it in directly to the router, worked perfectly.  I replaced the gs108 with an old fs105, everthing worked perfectly.  Went back to the GS108 using different ports, had the disconnecting problem again.  Everyting else connected to the GS108 works fine, no problems what so ever, except that one device.  Activity light goes blank for several seconds when it disconnects, and then starts blinking again, after 10 to 15 seconds goes blank again, etc, etc.  Any ideas?  

Model: GS108v4|ProSafe 8 ports gigabit unmanaged switch
Message 1 of 2
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: GS108 keeps disconnecting from one device, all others work

@Cowpinger,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

What is the brand and model of the drink printer that is getting disconnected?  

Since you have tried connecting the drink printer to other ports of the GS108, what is the behavior of the port LED lights whenever the drink printer is connected to any port of the GS108? 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements