× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS308P on Mac OS Monterey

nguyenel
Aspirant

GS308P on Mac OS Monterey

Anybody have issues? I am connecting 2 gigabit ethernet cameras from Allied. Within 10 min, the cameras get disconnected. (OS Monterey)

I see that Netgear has another model GS308EP

I want an unmanaged switch that has POE and is unmanaged.

Anyway to make this one work? Why is it not working right?

Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS308P on Mac OS Monterey

@nguyenel wrote:

I am connecting 2 gigabit ethernet cameras from Allied.

Very unspecific, this could be a vendor, a device maker, ... - exact camera make, name and designation please.

@nguyenel wrote:

Within 10 min, the cameras get disconnected. (OS Monterey).

The 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch with 4-Port PoE Model GS308P Installation Guide does offer some basic troubleshooting by the LEDs, "Step 3. Check the status." as well as "PoE considerations - PoE Fault Conditions". 

@nguyenel wrote:

Anyway to make this one work? Why is it not working right?

Beyond, the GS308P — 8 Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch with 4-Port PoE Support Page does offer a Guided Assistance.

@nguyenel wrote:

I see that Netgear has another model GS308EP

I want an unmanaged switch that has POE and is unmanaged.

The GS308EP is a very similar model, GS308EP — 8-Port PoE+ Gigabit Ethernet Plus Switch offering some basic configuration controls, and does allw updating the firmware if required.

PS. Requested moving your post to the Business Solutions -> Switches -> Unmanaged Switches Forum

Message 2 of 5
nguyenel
Aspirant

I am using 2 Allied Mako G-125B. This problem arise also on a system that only has one camera.

last time I checked the LEDs in the front of the switch. they were ON. That tells me, that the switch is unstable and dropped the connection and then it came back.  My software cannot recover from this issue.

I am assuming it's a drop because if I just restart my software, the cameras are working again.

I had different configuration (one or 2 cameras. Mac mini or imac but always on Monterey).

I am going back to TP-Link.

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@nguyenel wrote:

last time I checked the LEDs in the front of the switch. they were ON.

on ...

GS308P LED colors.PNG

Message 4 of 5
nguyenel
Aspirant

Sorry for the delay on getting back to this:

They are ON and blinking but the cameras are not responding anymore. This, sometimes takes over 24h to happen. The cameras will not stop responding if they are in use. If they were in use and then we leave them idle for a while, while our software is still running, the cameras drop. Or so it seems... because i went back to check and the LED are ON and blinking... but the cameras are not responding inside our software. I then restart our software, which then reassociates the link to the cameras and it works fine. I do not have to power cycle camera or the switch.

I have no interest in working around this problem with Netgear on Monterey. I will just go back to Tp-Link which shows no issue whatsover. Thank you!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements