× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Active directory domain user as readynas admin

as12345
Aspirant

Active directory domain user as readynas admin

6.10.03 f/w

I have successfully bound the NAS to my AD domain, and the shares work as expected. 

My issue is I can only use the built in admin user to manage the box with the web UI. My AD user account has domain admins as the primary group, and I still can't log into the readynas with it. I have tried user@domain, domain\user, user@domain.net (our domain is domain.net), and domain.net\user. None work.

I can't edit the built in admin group to add AD groups into it, or an ad user to add the built in admin group to it. I also can't add local users.

Seems i'm stuck... any thoughts? Thank you.

Model: RN428|ReadyNAS 428 – High-performance Business Data Storage - 8-Bays
Message 1 of 5
as12345
Aspirant

Re: Active directory domain user as readynas admin

bumping this in the hope that someone from netgear will see it and provide some insight

Message 2 of 5
as12345
Aspirant

anyone? netgear wants a support contract at this point to open a case. I'm not even sure they will be able to answer the question. There is nothing in the KB or the documentation about managing the system using active directory credentials. only shares.

help/?

Message 3 of 5
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @as12345

Welcome to the Community!

In managing the NAS it is only the local Admin user that can get full access. It is by design and no option will be able to change this at the moment.

Posting a request on Ideas Exchange and garnering Kudos might get it noticed by the team and have a chance to get it added.

HTH

Message 4 of 5
as12345
Aspirant

that's rather disappointing... can't even change the local admin user or add another one.

not worth my time to put in feature request which will likely never happen... when this nas needs to be replaced or another one is needed will just go for synology. a bit more money but definitely more robust.

thanks for the reply.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements