× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't connect over AFP or CIFS anymore, NetAuthSysAgent

vigordesign
Aspirant

Can't connect over AFP or CIFS anymore, NetAuthSysAgent

Hello, as the topic states, over the past few days I have no longer been able to connect on my mac to my readynas. My wife's pc still connects just fine. I can't connect via AFP or CIFS, which are the two normal ways I've always connected to it, for the past few years.

I've also noticed in Activity Monitor that "NetAuthSysAgent" is taking up TONS of my CPU and two "ReportCrash" process' are taking up lots of CPU too. This leads to my fan running high for most of the time my computer is on. Not sure if these are connected, but it seems like the "NetAuthSysAgent" is, because I think it's just trying to connect over and over again.

I'm on a late 2008 Macbook Pro, running Mountain Lion. RAIDiator 4.1.10.

Any ideas how to remedy this?

Thanks so much! 🙂
Kev
Message 1 of 5
vigordesign
Aspirant

Re: Can't connect over AFP or CIFS anymore, NetAuthSysAgent

So I shut down the readyNas and NetAuthSysAgent goes away. So it seems to be related. Any idea how I can successfully connect now?
Message 2 of 5
vigordesign
Aspirant

Another update. After leaving the NAS off for a while, I turned it back on today and as soon as I tried to connect to it via finder, I just get a spinning wheel in the bottom right corner like it's trying to connect and the "NetAuthSysAgent" starts to max out the CPU.
Message 3 of 5
vigordesign
Aspirant

Anyone have any ideas? Please? 🙂
Message 4 of 5
travelclarkie1
Aspirant

I'm having similar issues. My only fix is to reboot my Mac (10.8.2) then I loose access to everything within 20 minutes.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements