× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware 6.4.0 breaks backup log email

pumpichank
Luminary

Firmware 6.4.0 breaks backup log email

I recently upgraded my ReadyNAS 312 to firmware 6.4.0.  I have a number of rsync backups that are working fine, but the 6.4.0 upgrade seems to have changed/broken the email notifications that get sent on completion of the backup job.

I have jobs set to report full backup logs and previously, I would see the normal success block of text, along with a dump of the fully rsync job.  I use this to verify that the files I expected to change actually got saved.

Now with 6.4.0, I see the success notifications, but the rsync output is not present in the email.  However if I go to the job on the admin page and click on Log, I do see the full rsync output.  That's reassuring but I would like to get the rsync log output back in notification email.  This seems like a regression in 6.4.0.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Do you have a workaround?  Should I report this as a bug?  (How do you report bugs?)

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
YeZ
NETGEAR Expert
NETGEAR Expert

We should have found the root cause and a fix will be ready in next firmware release. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
BrendanM
NETGEAR Expert

I have a ReadyNAS 314 running 6.4.0. On it are some rsync backup jobs that push data across to a legacy ReadyNAS.

I just checked and the email report I get from the 314 does include the rsync stats:

Successfully completed backup job Push Photos To Pro4.

-------- Backup Job Information --------
Backup Job Name: Push Photos To Pro4
Backup Job Type: Incremental
Protocol: rsync
Backup Source: [media]/Photos
Backup Destination: [remote:rsync]/10.10.10.222::media
Backup Start Time: Mon Oct 12 2015 16:05:09
Backup Finish Time: Mon Oct 12 2015 16:05:10
Backup Status: Success

-------- Backup Job Log --------
sending incremental file list
Photos/
Photos/this_is_a_new_file.txt

sent 303,178 bytes  received 772 bytes  202,633.33 bytes/sec
total size is 27,299,747,116  speedup is 89,816.57
Message 2 of 5
pumpichank
Luminary

It's very strange.  I do occasionally see the full rsync logs, but of the 6 jobs I run nightly, it happens at most to only one job, and even then the log is only included about once a week.  And I know that more of the jobs have rsync updates.

Message 3 of 5
YeZ
NETGEAR Expert
NETGEAR Expert

We should have found the root cause and a fix will be ready in next firmware release. Thank you.

Message 4 of 5
Rootax
Luminary

Nice. 

Does that mean new betas soon ? Or we will have to wait another stable release ?

Thx.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements