× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Flashing Blue Light

kenya1
Aspirant

Flashing Blue Light

I am getting a flashing blue light and have attempted to reboot but not working.  How can I get this fixed

Model: ReadyNAS RND2110v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2
Message 1 of 12
Sandshark
Sensei

Is the unit visible in RAIDar?  If so, what is the status?  Are any of the other LEDs doing anything?  How long has this been going on.

Message 2 of 12
kenya1
Aspirant

The unit is not visible in RAIDAR.

All the LED's are on and are green.

Has been going on for about a week.

Message 3 of 12
Sandshark
Sensei

First, let's see if it's the hardware or software causing the issue.  I assume you have tried to reboot and got nowhere.  For the next step, power down, remove the drives (labeling the slots they came from) and power up with no drives.  Does RAIDar show the NAS with a "No disks" status?

If not, it's not a good sign.  If you can see it, power down and put the drives back in, then power up to the boot menu and try an OS install.  If you did not see it in RAIDar with no drives installed, a USB recovery might help, but it's probably a hardware problem.

If you can't get to the boot menu with your original array installed, remove all the drives with power off and put in just one drive that is not part of your array.  See if that works, either without intervention or via the boot menu.  If it works this way, you probably have one drive that is so messed up it's bringing down the whole NAS.

If it''s a drive that looks like it could be the peoblem, then use manufacturers tools (e.g. SeaTools) to check the drives.  If one is bad, return just the others to the NAS with power off and see if it now boots properly.

This is a long list.  If you get lost or unexpected results at any point, come back and give an update.  We'll see if we can help get you back on the road. 

Message 4 of 12
StephenB
Guru

Do you know what firmware you are running on the NAS?

Message 5 of 12
kenya1
Aspirant

No I don't, how can I find out?

Message 6 of 12
kenya1
Aspirant

No I don't, how can I find out?

Message 7 of 12
StephenB
Guru

The firmware it shipped with should be on a label on the back, though of course you might have updated it after that.

Message 8 of 12
kenya1
Aspirant

Sorry couldn't reply earlier as I was out of action.

I look for a sticker at the back couldn't find any such sticker. 

Message 9 of 12
StephenB
Guru

It should be there unless you removed it.  It'd say either 4.1.X or 5.3.x.

Use this guide to confirm the model: http://www.rnasguide.com/2012/01/09/how-to-tell-whether-i-have-a-duo-v1-or-duo-v2-or-nv-v1-or-nv-v2/

Don't just assume anything based on the labels, they are confusing - many v1 owners think they have a v2.

Message 10 of 12
kenya1
Aspirant

Thank you very much, you are correct, I actually have a V1.  I have a 4.1.

Message 11 of 12
StephenB
Guru

Do you have a backup of the data?  If not, then If you have access to a windows PC, you can connect disk 1 of the NAS to the PC (using either the internal SATA connections in the PC or a USB->SATA adapter).  R-linux for Windows is free software that can read the data volume of the NAS.  http://www.r-tt.com/free_linux_recovery/  That will hopefully let you offload the data.

Also, you can see if RAIDar discovers the NAS with no disks inserted (it should detect it and give you a "no disks" status).  That would let us know that the NAS ethernet card is still working.

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements