× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How-to disable Master Browser on ReadyNAS case #18038059

JLeslie
Aspirant

How-to disable Master Browser on ReadyNAS case #18038059

I have a ReadyNAS Pro 2 on a Windows domain network. I want to stop the NAS from trying to be the browse master. I've searched and the only thing I could find was to install an add-on called ToggleMasterBrowser. I downloaded it but when I tried to install it via the Updates/Local tab it says "Update file is not valid for this architecture".

I've looked all through the settings and I don't find any way to disable this function. How can I do this so the NAS stops forcing master browser elections?

JL
Message 1 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: How-to disable Master Browser on ReadyNAS

You need the x86 version of the add-on: http://www.readynas.com/download/addons/x86/4.2/ToggleMasterBrowser_0.1-x86.bin

So the Pro 2 is not in Domain Security Mode?
Message 2 of 10
JLeslie
Aspirant

That was it. Thank you! I'm assuming I had the x64 version then. What's odd is that when I ran it, I got the message when logging back into the NAS that master browser priority was enabled. So I'm assuming that beforehand, it was DIS-abled. I ran the .bin again and got the message that the master browser priority was now dis-abled.

So if it was disabled to begin with, why was it forcing browse master elections?

There are reasons beyond my authority for the NAS not being in Domain Security Mode.

JL
Message 3 of 10
JLeslie
Aspirant

Well the forced browser election is back. Any ideas on what to do now? I could run that script again to toggle it, but it seems to me that I shouldn't have to keep on doing it.

JL
Message 4 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

What version of RAIDiator?
Message 5 of 10
JLeslie
Aspirant

Message 6 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

That's the RAIDar (client app that runs on your Mac/PC) version not the version of RAIDiator (OS/firmware)

In RAIDar what do you see in the Info (far right) column?
Message 7 of 10
JLeslie
Aspirant

Sorry, 4.2.19.
Message 8 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I'd suggest you open a tech support (http://www.readynas.com/support) case. Edit the thread title (i.e. subject of first post in this thread) to include your case number.
Message 9 of 10
JLeslie
Aspirant

Re: How-to disable Master Browser on ReadyNAS case #18038059

Done and thanks for the suggestion.
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements