× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I cannot turn on Antivirus on my ReadyNas 104

RacingTog
Aspirant

I cannot turn on Antivirus on my ReadyNas 104

Hi, Everyone,

I have two ReadyNas devices. Both have firmware 6.10.4 installed. One ReadyNas 104 (NAS_2) works perfectly, but does not have the Antivirus button in my settings, nor the file share one. (See below)NAS_2.png

The other NAS ReadyNas 212 (NAS_1) has the Antivirus button, turned on, and the file share button, turned off.

NAS_1.png

This NAS (NAS_1) sends me daily emails saying:

"Antivirus scanner definition file update failed due to download failure. Check your Internet connection."

1) How do I enable the Antivirus button and file share button on the NAS (NAS_2) that does not have them please?

2) How do I sort the issue with the failed file AntiVirus file updates please? My NAS's are both on the same network and have good Internet access.

Thank you,

Matt

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: I cannot turn on Antivirus on my ReadyNas 104

You'll need to live w/o antivirus on the RN104.  It just doesn't have the resources to run it.

Some others here have also run into the AV update problem you are seeing on the RN212 - it was first reported last July.  Netgear is aware of it, but for some reason has been very slow in resolving it.  It is possible to update the AV manually if you are comfortable using SSH.  There's a very long thread on the topic here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/New-ReadyNAS-Users-General/RN214-Failing-to-Update-Antivirus/td-p/1...

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
plemans
Guru

My understanding was antivirus was removed in after version 6.10.0 of the firmware for the RN104
https://kb.netgear.com/000060716/ReadyNAS-OS-6-Software-Version-6-10-0

Message 2 of 7
RacingTog
Aspirant

Thanks Plemans,

That explains one of the issues. Now I believe the non-updating of the RD 212 is a known issue? Is this correct? Are Netgear supposed to be working on a fix? Is there anything i should do from here?

Many thanks,

Matt

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

so you have a RN104 and a RN212?

They're both on 6.10.4?

so the rn104 won't have antivirus

The rn212 has antivirus but won't update? is that correct?

Just trying to clarify

Message 4 of 7
RacingTog
Aspirant

Yes, that is correct.

Message 5 of 7
StephenB
Guru

You'll need to live w/o antivirus on the RN104.  It just doesn't have the resources to run it.

Some others here have also run into the AV update problem you are seeing on the RN212 - it was first reported last July.  Netgear is aware of it, but for some reason has been very slow in resolving it.  It is possible to update the AV manually if you are comfortable using SSH.  There's a very long thread on the topic here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/New-ReadyNAS-Users-General/RN214-Failing-to-Update-Antivirus/td-p/1...

Message 6 of 7
RacingTog
Aspirant

Thank you StephenB. Im not a tecjie, so I will just diable it for now.

Many thanks,

Matt

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements