× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Not getting Email Notifications

M8TJT
Aspirant

Not getting Email Notifications

ReadyNAS 102. Firmware 6.6.1. OS Windows 10, fully updated.

Due to EE withdrawing as an email service provider I have had to change my email address from ,username@fsnet.co.uk to <username>@gmail.com.

At the time I tried to change my alert email address on my RN, I also updated the RN firmware to 6.1.1, so can't definitely establish whether it is the firmware update or email change that is causing the problem.

The problem is that I have changed all the email alert stuff and received the 'A test message was sent' messag and the email was successfully received in my gMail account. However, I did not receive the midnight shutdown email on my gMail account (that I have previously been receiving regularly on my fsnet.co.uk address). Returning to the RN alert page and clicking 'Send Test Message and Apply' results in the 'Unable to send test message' error with the detail Code: 5008010000. msmtp: Authentication method LOGIN needs a password msmtp: etc.

After some experimentation, if I delete and then re-enter my password on the RN alert settings, the test email is then sent, the blue wheel whirs and everything is OK. If I then click 'Send Test Message and Apply' again, another email is sent and received.

But, if I leave the settings page then return to it and 'Send Test Message and Apply' again, it fails with the above error message.  If I repeat the delete password and re-enter it once again the system sends the test message. So it seems that the system is not remembering my password (or something like that).

I changed my email credentials back to my fsnet.co.uk account on the RN and the same thing happens, whereas it was working just fine before the firmware update, leading me to suspect that it's the latest firmware update that's giving the problem.

Any ideas please.

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
M8TJT
Aspirant

Re: Not getting Email Notifications

Panic over. It seems to have 'sorted itself out' and is now sending shutdown emails to the correct email address.

Still can't understand why ity was doing what it was, but now it's working, I don't have the inclination to fix it.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
M8TJT
Aspirant

Re: Not getting Email Notifications

Panic over. It seems to have 'sorted itself out' and is now sending shutdown emails to the correct email address.

Still can't understand why ity was doing what it was, but now it's working, I don't have the inclination to fix it.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements