× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Password Recovery for ReadyNAS duo v2 fails to send recovery email

EdMorbius
Aspirant

Password Recovery for ReadyNAS duo v2 fails to send recovery email

The password that I have recorded in my Password Manager is no longer accepted. Today and yesterday I have twice tried to get PWR to send a recovery email, but no go after many hours.

YES I have checked my Spam folder. And YES, the recovery dialogue acknowledges that I have entered the correct email address and the correct answer to my individualised recovery question, and advises it has sent an email to that address...

Are there other options?

Ed Morbius.

Model: ReadyNASRND2110v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Boot menu operations are described in the hardware manuals.

The duo v2 instructions are pgs 16-17 here: http://www.readynas.com/download/documentation/HM/ReadyNAS_Duov2_NV+v2_HW_en_19-Sept-11.pdf

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9

All Replies
EdMorbius
Aspirant

Hah!   Seconds after I posted my inquiry, one of the PW reset messages popped up. Presumably this reached me direct via being logging into this support forum, because it's still not reached my email IN box. But the link it offered me did not work because it was EXPIRED... Tantalising. Maybe if I stay logged in here my second requested response will also pop up...

I am now holding my breath.

Ed

Message 2 of 9
EdMorbius
Aspirant

Whoopee! No popup message this time. But when I minimised my browser, the original password failure popup window was still there, with a line about there being an alternative way of resetting the password. This involved giving my original email used for registering the product, and its serial number.

That link worked. Whew! Signing out now.

Ed

Message 3 of 9
EdMorbius
Aspirant

But wait, there's more. Yes, the PW recovery link seemed to work, and allowed me to change the password.

But when I tried to use the new PW to login, it still failed. That suggests to me that there was nothing wrong with the old password, and that the problem lies elsewhere. Yes, I did ensure that my Noscript in Firefox had the address of the NAS drive whitelisted.

So then I suspected that it was some other problem with Firefox. So I changed to Internet Explorer. But still the Login page insisted there was a problem with either my email or my password.

I am now officially stumped. Any suggestions please?

Ed

Message 4 of 9
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi EdMorbius,

Welcome to the community!

Can you confirm the error message? Maybe it's the security certificate error? Perhaps performing OS reinstall would help.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 9
EdMorbius
Aspirant

Sorry, I did complete a reply to the above 3 days ago, but I see no sign of it here. The answer was that there is NO error message. Inserting the correct Username & Password simply makes the login screen go blank and then come back again (this time with both details already filled in, exactly as it appeared before the screen blanked)... It is just an eternal loop.

I did look at the instructions for an OS restore, although these instructions did not seem to mention the ReadyNAS Duo v2 (only v1). I tried using the method described (though nervously, as it seems that doing the same thing but holding it for a few seconds longer can set in train deletion of all data. Anyway, nothing seemed to happen - no flashing of the drive LEDs. I had other more urgent things to do, so have left it for now. Can anyone confirm the correct procedure for ReadyNAS Duo v2 please?

Ed

Message 6 of 9
StephenB
Guru

Boot menu operations are described in the hardware manuals.

The duo v2 instructions are pgs 16-17 here: http://www.readynas.com/download/documentation/HM/ReadyNAS_Duov2_NV+v2_HW_en_19-Sept-11.pdf

Message 7 of 9
EdMorbius
Aspirant

Thanks, that fixed it. However I belatedly realised I should have said my machine is the ReadyNAS Duo NV+ v2, so I had to go to pp 24 - 25. That procedure worked exactly as described, and I was able to scroll through the Boot Menu on the LCD and initiate the OS restore. As stated, this restored the Factory Default Username and Password without disturbing the data. I have now reinstated a decent password and recovery routine.

I am very grateful.

Ed Morbius

Message 8 of 9
StephenB
Guru

I'm glad I could help.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo