× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RND2000-200 ReadyNAS Duo V2

morph1
Aspirant

RND2000-200 ReadyNAS Duo V2

Hi all , just purchased this external device,
I have several problems , one is I am unable to power off the device with the power button, I held it for 10 sec nothing, I pushed it twice fast nothing, I just can not power off the device...,
I installed the upgraded version of software I got x2 seagate 1TB drives one was bought brand new another one was existing, I erased the volume of the existing drive and reformatted it clean...,
How ever I was not sure whether I was supposed to assign a letter to the drive or not I did not assign any letter to that drive..., the other drive was bought fresh..., I installed both drives, I got all blue solid lights on the
enclosure steady on..., I installed the radiator it showed the window and the status of my drives however stated that the boot was corrupt.., I tried to reset the device with the reset button at the back of the enclosure I was told that the unit will reformat and re-initiate the drives , nothing is happening... when I click on the radiator icon now it does not even show the drives it just displays a Help window...
any thoughts guys ??
Do I have to format the brand new and the other used drive ?? both drives are the same model the same capacity ..., do I have to assign a letter to either drive upon assigning a new volume ???
do I reinstall the software ??. I am surprised the problems I am having, the unit is brand new I just bought it yesterday , what is really weird is that it will not power down with the power button...
any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

Drew
Message 1 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Re: RND2000-200 ReadyNAS Duo V2

The nas will format the drives itself using its own formatting. If the drive is used, you sometimes need to delete the partitions, but there is no need to format. Your "corrupt root" is an indication that you do need to delete the partitions. Another option is to do a factory reset (look in your hardware manual for the procedure).

Any drive letter you assign on Windows is only for that machine, so again there is no need to assign one. If you were trying to assign a drive letter on the NAS itself - that is not possible.

(1) you are entitled to 90 days phone support, so perhaps you could take advantage of that.

(2) however, you do need to know that although you purchased your v2 new, that Netgear phased your duo out last spring. The new model is totally different, and is called the RN102. I expect there will be a maintenance update every now and then for your v2, but not much more. If I were in your position, I would see if I could exchange it for an RN102.
Message 2 of 7
morph1
Aspirant

thanks for the reply,

How come I can not power off the device with the power button ?
is there a power off special procedure, do I hold the power button for a couple of seconds ??
I feel this unit was a return unit with some sort of problem ...

anyone

thanks.
Message 3 of 7
vandermerwe
Master

With the duo v2 you need to push the power button twice to power down.
I would suggest not pushing it too quickly.
Holding the power button down doesn't work.
If you need to force a shutdown you need to unplug the power.
Message 4 of 7
morph1
Aspirant

I went back to the store and exchanged it for the newer model RN102 , I connected the damn thing and again same message "corrupt root" , I got the act light on steady and the power light blinking ??
lol what is that thing doing ??, sorry but this is ridiculous , there is no documentation, the process of initializing this thing is straight retarded, how can I rely on any back over this device when it wont even initialize ,
there should be an amber lcd at least indicating with a message as what the device is doing , it just like listening to your post and hear the beeps from your pc upon bios bootup in year 2013 lol.
I was gonna setup a pc based server but I thought I would save power and go to this thing using about 35 watts which is great but I never ever imagined that to initialize this thing included pulling your hair out lol.
can anyone help please...
I got my hard drives formatted, I booted up this unit holding the reset button ti re-initialize and nothing is happening , should I remove the drive and completely remove the volumes from these 2 drives and try again ?
what does the power light blinking sequence mean ?, is it formatting the drives or its a count down to self destruction lol ? sorry but I'm frustrated...

I am hoping to resolve problems I'm having with this thing this weekend sometime...

thank you.
Message 5 of 7
morph1
Aspirant

False warning !! it did not blow up I got that initialized yeeehaaa , number one rule is make sure your drives are UNMOUNTED !!!!
I got this now showing me a successful bootup, now my question is what is the default admin and password that I should type in to get in this thing ?

thanks
Drew
Message 6 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

User: admin
Password: password
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies