× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 102 - Failed to install applications (any)

WelshCJ
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 102 - Failed to install applications (any)

Evening all,

I bought a ReadyNAS 102 in January, after an initial setup I installed OwnCloud and then decided I did not want it so I uninstalled it. This had the unusual side effect of uninstalling the main web server for the device, after dealing with the support team I took the action to factory reset my device, which restored the main web server

Since then I have been unable to install any applications. Whenever I attempt to do so I get the error 'failed to install <app_name>'.

I have recently upgraded from 6.2.2 -> 6.2.4 firmware and I am still having the same issues. Although now I also get the message "Apps operation failed: Application list may be missing or obsolete. Do you want to update the list now?" - selecting 'yes' on this brings up an 'updating list' message box.

I then get a response "Successfully updated application list. You can now install applications", however any application I attempt to install still fails and the above prompt is provided again.

I would appreciate any advice that anyone could provide in fixing this issues.

Thank you,

Chris.
Message 1 of 16

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 102 - Failed to install applications (any)

Turns out the DNS was set incorrectly and the NAS could not connect to the internet. Refreshing the DNS on the NAS resolved the problem.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 16

All Replies
Nhellie
Virtuoso

What specific apps do you have on the NAS? Did you test by manually deleting an app and installing the latest version?
Message 2 of 16
WelshCJ
Aspirant

I have yet to install any applications since the factory reset.

-Originally I installed DDClient and owncloud (when using FW: 6.2.2)
-Uninstall OwnCloud, causing webserver issue described.
-Factory Reset
-No longer able to install any applications
-Manual FW Upgrade: 6.2.4
-Unable to install applications

Manual FW Upgrade was done because the 'Check for updates' link on the main page did not seem to be working either. I started thinking it was a DNS issue, so I switched to DHCP to double check I was getting the right DNS settings, but unfortunately that did not help.
Message 3 of 16
WelshCJ
Aspirant

I've gone through the logs, and in the readynasd log I see:

May 18 18:16:34 thoth readynasd[1228]: Failed to install application 'DDclient'.
May 18 18:16:35 thoth readynasd[1228]: Cannot open /var/lib/apt/lists/apt.readynas.com_packages_readynasos_dists_6.2.3_apps_binary-armel_Packages

Thank you,

Chris.
Message 4 of 16
WelshCJ
Aspirant

Any more guidance on this matter would be appreciated before I attempt a second factory reset.

Thank you,

Chris.
Message 5 of 16
RX
Luminary
Luminary

Perhaps, you may try to perform OS reinstall and check if it helps: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22892
Message 6 of 16
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Turns out the DNS was set incorrectly and the NAS could not connect to the internet. Refreshing the DNS on the NAS resolved the problem.
Message 7 of 16
csporleder
Aspirant

I have today the first time installed a APP Owncloud.
RN102 FW 6.2.4
I selected the install from the App page in the Adminpanel.
Installation was done.
But after the reconnect I was not able to login with the created Admin name and PW.

I uninstalled the APP and again installed. Same issue.

Any one any Idea?
Message 8 of 16
csporleder
Aspirant

The error Message that comes after creating the administer is:
"Ihr Web-Server ist noch nicht für eine Datei-Synchronisation konfiguriert, weil die WebDAV-Schnittstelle vermutlich defekt ist.
Bitte prüfen Sie die Installationsanleitungen."
English translation:
"Your Webserver is not yet configured for Data-Synchronization, because the WebDAV-interface semms to be defect. Please check the Installationdocumentation."

What I also saw is that in the extended view on the creation of the admin User the Path was set to app/owncloud/data... but there was no folder created on the NAS in the root that is called app.
There is only the folder created Owncloud.
When I now try to start ownclould I cannot access it with the admin user. The Loginscreen comes just back after entering and submitting the User and PW.

The Logfile contains the following:
{"app":"core","message":"Session user-id () doesn't match SERVER[PHP_AUTH_USER] (admin).","level":2,"time":"2015-07-12T15:17:31+00:00"}
{"app":"core","message":"Session user-id () doesn't match SERVER[PHP_AUTH_USER] (admin).","level":2,"time":"2015-07-12T15:17:32+00:00"}
{"app":"core","message":"Session user-id () doesn't match SERVER[PHP_AUTH_USER] (admin).","level":2,"time":"2015-07-12T15:19:09+00:00"}
{"app":"core","message":"Session user-id (csporleder) doesn't match SERVER[PHP_AUTH_USER] (admin).","level":2,"time":"2015-07-12T15:19:28+00:00"}
{"app":"core","message":"isWebDAVWorking: NO - Reason: [CURL] Error while making request: SSL: certificate subject name 'nas-36-E8-CA.local' does not match target host name '192.168.2.246' (error code: 51) (Sabre_DAV_Exception)","level":2,"time":"2015-07-12T15:19:31+00:00"}
{"app":"core","message":"Session user-id (csporleder) doesn't match SERVER[PHP_AUTH_USER] (admin).","level":2,"time":"2015-07-12T15:24:33+00:00"}
Message 9 of 16
csporleder
Aspirant

Hello I found this Article
https://www.vegard.net/archives/9386/
Where the issue with Firefox is described. I tested Safari and was able to login.

So it is a browser issue
Message 10 of 16
daarsk
Tutor

I just performed a Factory Reset.  My NAS always had ip:192.168.0.13 before and now after the reset it dynamically appointed ip:192.168.0.12.  I have a few netork devices that I would need to change, so i thought I would set static ip:192.168.0.13.

Then when I went to install apps, it would not download due to a connection issue.

changed back to dynamic ip:192.168.0.12 and apps install no problem now.

just thought i'd share this...

Message 11 of 16
StephenB
Guru

@daarsk wrote:

I just performed a Factory Reset.  My NAS always had ip:192.168.0.13 before and now after the reset it dynamically appointed ip:192.168.0.12.  I have a few netork devices that I would need to change, so i thought I would set static ip:192.168.0.13.

Then when I went to install apps, it would not download due to a connection issue.

changed back to dynamic ip:192.168.0.12 and apps install no problem now.

just thought i'd share this...

More than likely some other device was given 192.168.0.13 while the NAS was down.

Generally it is best if you reserve the IP address in the router and continue to use DHCP.

If you can't do that  (or don't want to), you set the DHCP range in the router to something like 192.168.0.2 - 192.168.0.64 and use higher addresses like 192.168.0.65 - 192.168.0.254 for your static addresses.

Message 12 of 16
daarsk
Tutor

Excellent!  Thanks.  I have reserved the IP on my router, good idea.

Thanks again 🙂

Message 13 of 16
Slackjaw
Aspirant

@mdgm wrote:

That was it! Had been pulling my hair out. Thank you!

Had changed DNS to something incorrect. Now using google's 8.8.8.8

Message 14 of 16
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Slackjaw,

Thanks for the feedback. We are glad that adding Google's public DNS fixed the issue.

Let us know if you other questions.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 15 of 16
etere
Aspirant

...i have win a solution with 8.8.8.8 DNS in ethernet setting on my RN202!

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements