× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS Antivirus "WARNING: Local version: 0.103.2 Recommended version: 0.103.7"

scrjs
Apprentice

ReadyNAS Antivirus "WARNING: Local version: 0.103.2 Recommended version: 0.103.7"

Hi @netgear community,

I am running ReadyNAS without issue.

The details of my ReadyNAS are

2022-08-08_11-52-54.jpg

My Antivirus (CLAMAV) us updating without a problem, however I noticed that when I run a freshclam command in a SSH session I see the following

root@------ReadyNAS:~# freshclam
ClamAV update process started at Mon Aug  8 11:47:56 2022
WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED!
WARNING: Local version: 0.103.2 Recommended version: 0.103.7
DON'T PANIC! Read https://www.clamav.net/documents/upgrading-clamav
daily.cld database is up-to-date (version: 26620, sigs: 1994984, f-level: 90, builder: raynman)
main.cvd database is up-to-date (version: 62, sigs: 6647427, f-level: 90, builder: sigmgr)
bytecode.cvd database is up-to-date (version: 333, sigs: 92, f-level: 63, builder: awillia2)

As you can see there is a WARNING 

WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED!

WARNING: Local version: 0.103.2 Recommended version: 0.103.7

I have previously raised this in a post where the solution was that the team @netgear released an updated firmware that resolved this warning.  That post can be reviewed in POST at https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS-in-Business/msg-quot-Your-ClamAV-instal... by @B_L and @dingjs1421 at Netgear who advised:

"It is not recommended to upgrade the ClamAV engine manually. ReadyNAS engineering team will be looking into the plan of upgrading it to the latest version in the future firmware release"

Does anyone know if a new firmware is planned and if there is an ETA to resolve this again?

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS Antivirus "WARNING: Local version: 0.103.2 Recommended version: 0.103.7"

@scrjs

There are still plans of having FW updates for the ReadyNAS though no ETA can be given. The warning message will still appear as ClamAV will have updates more often than the NAS. ClamAV always checks for the version installed that is why it gets the error whenever they have a new version available. ClamAV still updates the virus database regardless of app version.

HTH

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@scrjs

There are still plans of having FW updates for the ReadyNAS though no ETA can be given. The warning message will still appear as ClamAV will have updates more often than the NAS. ClamAV always checks for the version installed that is why it gets the error whenever they have a new version available. ClamAV still updates the virus database regardless of app version.

HTH

Message 2 of 3
scrjs
Apprentice

Thank you for taking the effort to respond @Marc_V ! This is appreciated!

@Marc_V wrote:

@scrjs

HTH

Understand I just needed to comfort to know that ClamAV will not fall too far behind to the point we risk exposing some kind of failure due to incompatibility.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements