× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS OS 6.5.0 Archive Bit backup to Windows share not working.

gpearson9
Aspirant

ReadyNAS OS 6.5.0 Archive Bit backup to Windows share not working.

I'm having an issue getting Archive Bit backup to work. Timestamp backup works perfectly to the same Windows share, but I read that Archive Bit was the recommended mode so I wanted to swap the job over to it. I did just that and now the backup will not complete, and the source/destination field on the job says 'share: Source -> No longer available'. However, when I edit the settings and test the connection to the destination it shows no errors. When the job actually runs it fails with 'destination cannot be accessed'

I thought this might have been because the job started as timestamp then was changed, so I tried creating a new job and realized Achive Bit isn't even an option for new jobs, you can only create a job as timestamp then switch it over (and it has the same 'No longer available' message on the destination). Is this intended or some kind of bug with 6.5.0?

Model: RN3138|ReadyNAS 3138 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS OS 6.5.0 Archive Bit backup to Windows share not working.

@gpearson9 wrote:

Is this intended or some kind of bug with 6.5.0?

Not sure, but it's likely a bug.

To clarify - Windows Archive is available as a remote source choice for new backup jobs, but it is not available as a remote destination choice. 

Message 2 of 3
gpearson9
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS OS 6.5.0 Archive Bit backup to Windows share not working.

Oh I see, I think I misunderstood this this kb article and thought it was just the preferred way to backup to/from Windows. So I guess the bug would be the fact that it even lets me select archive bit for the destination?

Thanks for the reply, I'll switch it back to timestamp!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements