× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas 314 affects WiFi when connected to router

stephenjfox
Aspirant

Readynas 314 affects WiFi when connected to router

Spoiler
Hi, 

whenever I connect my readynas via Ethernet to my router (model of router dosent matter, I’ve tried 3 including buying a nighthawk) it totally screws up my internet connections. Any ideas what could be the reason? The minute I disconnect everything is fine. I’m going mad trying to find the cause....
Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4-Bay
Message 1 of 10
StephenB
Guru

Re: Readynas 314 affects WiFi when connected to router

What network settings are you using in the NAS?  DHCP? Or have you tried to configure a static IP address?

Also, your title suggests the issue is with WiFi connections, but the body of your post says "internet connections".  Which is it?

Can you get into the admin web ui of the NAS with the NAS connected to the router?

Message 2 of 10
stephenjfox
Aspirant

Both internet and wifi drop out. 

Had the ReadyNas Static on IPv4 and DHCP on IPv6.... Changed them both to DHCP but still same issue....

Yes, can connect to the NAS ui

Message 3 of 10
StephenB
Guru

wrote:

Both internet and wifi drop out. 

Had the ReadyNas Static on IPv4 and DHCP on IPv6.... Changed them both to DHCP but still same issue....

Yes, can connect to the NAS ui

Try disabling IPv6 in the NAS next.

What apps and services are you running (including any cloud apps)?

Message 4 of 10
stephenjfox
Aspirant

Ok..

Running Plex, MYsql, Python,  myphpadmin

Dropbox sync as well

Message 5 of 10
StephenB
Guru

What firmware are you running?

If disabling ipv6 doesn't resolve it, then try temporarily disabling dropbox.

Message 6 of 10
stephenjfox
Aspirant

Latest firmwear updated the other day.. I know its not a firmwear issue as the problem has been ongoing for a while.

Ipv6 disabled and still problems... after a restart it is fine for about 30 mins then the dropouts start... completely disconnected and everything works fine. Will disconnect Dropbox and test

Message 7 of 10
StephenB
Guru

wrote:

Will disconnect Dropbox and test

If Antivirus is enabled, perhaps disable that when you disable dropbox.  There are some issues with Antivirus in 6.9.2.  Netgear pushed a hotfix (which is done silently), but if there's something wrong with your NAS connection to the internet you might not have gotten it.

Message 8 of 10
stephenjfox
Aspirant

Disabled Dropbox,Google,Amazon, cloud drives...........All seemed good until last night when connection issues started to happen again...

Anitvirus not actived so no issues on that front..

I had Resilyo sync app running which I've now disabled to see if that causes any problems.. Next will disable Plex...

Message 9 of 10
StephenB
Guru

If you are forwarding ports to the NAS from your router, you might also try temporarily disabling the forwarding.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements