× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas Duo flashing all indicators 2 long 3 short

Docbit
Aspirant

Readynas Duo flashing all indicators 2 long 3 short

Hello, after many years, my NAS doesnt loading. after power on: blue led flashing fast, all other leds flashing 2 long 3 fast. I cant reboot it or restart. 

Model: RND2110v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2 1TB (1 X 1TB Desktop)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Readynas Duo flashing all indicators 2 long 3 short

@Docbit wrote:

Hello, after many years, my NAS doesnt loading. after power on: blue led flashing fast, all other leds flashing 2 long 3 fast. I cant reboot it or restart. 

LED blink behavior for 2 disk systems is three quick blinks of all disk LEDs and the backup LED, followed by an 1s delay, followed by a number of slow blinks.  The number of slow blinks will be the error code.

Current error codes:
1 - Vendor mismatch
2 - No disks detected
3 - Bad contents on root partition of disks
4 - Flash error
5 - Unsupported RAID configuration

So this means the NAS isn't seeing the disks.  Either one or both disks have failed (perhaps locking up the SATA bus), or the NAS SATA interface has failed.

Start by checking that they are both seated in the bay.  I'd also try booting the system with disk 1 removed (leaving disk 2 in slot 2), then repeat with disk 1 inserted and disk 2 removed.  Label the disks by slot, so you can preserve the slot order. 

If you have a USB adapter/dock, or can connect the disks to a Windows PC with SATA, you can also test the disks with vendor tools.

If you have a spare disk (with no data on it that you care about), you can also try to do a factory install with just spare inserted into the Duo.  Keep in mind that the Duo v1 only supports disks of 2 TB or less.

Is there data on the system that you'd need to extract?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@Docbit wrote:

LED blink behavior for 2 disk systems is three quick blinks of all disk LEDs and the backup LED, followed by an 1s delay, followed by a number of slow blinks.  The number of slow blinks will be the error code.

Current error codes:
1 - Vendor mismatch
2 - No disks detected
3 - Bad contents on root partition of disks
4 - Flash error
5 - Unsupported RAID configuration

So this means the NAS isn't seeing the disks.  Either one or both disks have failed (perhaps locking up the SATA bus), or the NAS SATA interface has failed.

Start by checking that they are both seated in the bay.  I'd also try booting the system with disk 1 removed (leaving disk 2 in slot 2), then repeat with disk 1 inserted and disk 2 removed.  Label the disks by slot, so you can preserve the slot order. 

If you have a USB adapter/dock, or can connect the disks to a Windows PC with SATA, you can also test the disks with vendor tools.

If you have a spare disk (with no data on it that you care about), you can also try to do a factory install with just spare inserted into the Duo.  Keep in mind that the Duo v1 only supports disks of 2 TB or less.

Is there data on the system that you'd need to extract?

Message 2 of 3
Docbit
Aspirant

StephenB thank you for the help. it seems that both drives crashed... new one works perfectly 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements