× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Red circle on finder folders ReadyNAS

Mruniqueid
Aspirant

Red circle on finder folders ReadyNAS

I've been having problems using Readycloud with finder on my mac.

Here's the process I've been following:

1. Use Readycloud to connect to my NAS via a finder window.
  2. Drag a folder (usually around 2 GB—these are photo catalogs) to a folder on my NAS.
  3. Close finder window, then re-open it to the same location.

When I do this, I'm seeing a red dot on the folder with a minus sign inside. When I click on one of these folders in finder, I cannot see its contents or any information about it other than its name. (see screenshot)

Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 6.04.09 PM.png

When I go to the Readycloud web interface, I can verify that all of my files have successfully transfered, but for some reason they are not accessible by finder.

What gives? Any tips?

Using OSX 10.12.6 and my ReadyNAS is running firmware 6.8.1

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 4
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Red circle on finder folders ReadyNAS

Hello Mruniqueid,

It does appear you are having trouble opening readycloud from finder on your MAC computer. ReadyCloud is desgined to remotely access the NAS and you can access it via Readycloud app or web portal. The red minus sign on the folder means it does have permission and the current user login do not have permission to access it. You may check this article for additional information about using readycloud app with mac osx.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Mruniqueid,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,
Marty_M
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 4
Mruniqueid
Aspirant

Hi Marty,

Unfortunately it's still not resolved fully.

I've made sure that my user login for the NAS has read/write permissions for the share that i'm trying to access, but the problem still seems to crop up.

One interesting thing of note is that the problem has now gone away for the folders that I originally uploaded a screen shot for in the first post. I haven't changed anything between then and now, so i'm not sure why this would be the case. The problem still exists for other folders for another user on my NAS though.

This isn't really helpful diagnostic information, I know. If I come accross anything more useful i'll post it back here.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements