× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SSD Drives compatibility for OS 6.0

roy9183
Star

SSD Drives compatibility for OS 6.0

Hi Team,

The SSD options for the Readynas are currently very low currently. Has anyone tried higher capacity SSD of 1TB  and above.

Regards
Roy

Model: RN4220X|ReadyNAS 4220 10Gbase-T
Message 1 of 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: SSD Drives compatibility for OS 6.0

Hello roy9183,

I apologize but the disks in the HCL are the only ones tested. Though  some may have also tried other disks, it is just that there is no guarantee that they will reliably work. We are hoping to get the list of not compatible disks soon which proposed months ago. I guess for the meantime, let's see if there is a community member who will respond.

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello roy9183,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 5
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

Generally, you should not have issues using high capacity SSDs; we just haven't tested them (they're quite expensive!)

I bet your RN4220 would roar loudly with full SSDs. 😄 

Message 4 of 5
roy9183
Star

Hi Netgear Community,

My initail post was almost a year back for compatible SSD. Netgear has updated all SATA drives , however nothing on the SSD drives.

Competing storage brands have updated all their compatibility HDD including 3.5, 2.5 and most of all SSD drive supporting upto 4TB.  Looks like Netgear is just too busy looking at other stuff.

Unfortunately for a good device like Netgear , support is very limited on this matter.

BR

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements