× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

The genie+ Marketplace is no longer available on RND2000-200NAS

GGITech
Apprentice

The genie+ Marketplace is no longer available on RND2000-200NAS

So here we go again. Running product, go to update it, still stuck on firmware 5.3.11.

Client needs Wordpress on the device, just pop on apps, and make it happen.

Oh, wait, this is an old one, need to do the Genie crap.

Oh, yeah,

The genie+ Marketplace is no longer available

Oh, yeah, Great....

So Lets see, Netgear abandoned the service, long after the firmware updates were abandoned.

Apparently Netgear is just taking the Microsloth approach of screw it, let them pay more money to upgrade to a new product....when the lifetime of the product is obviously not over...because it is still running.

Total failure, if you abandon a product, then months or years later abandon the external functionallity that you actually paid for, at least re-write a final firmware to remove the options, or allow for a library of "non-supported avaliable apps".

This is absoulty the last straw for me.

I am going to find a vendor to make me a hell of a deal for me so I can deploy QNAP to every small business I have....just off the top of my head, I have 14 clients on some leve of a ready nas.

I am done.

Then I will buy one extra QNAP, backup the clients data, build their new QNAP with the drives that have minimal hours on them and deploy the QNAP, restore data.

Final straw with this nonesense.... Like if I have an XP box that I need to run for some reason, and the vendor removed a drive that was/has been avaliable for years, just becasue they abandoned the product....

Good luck with it....

Next it will be replacing all my WIFI routers with another vendor.

You are dead to me now....thanks Netgear.

Message 1 of 2
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: The genie+ Marketplace is no longer available on RND2000-200NAS

Hi GGITech,

Apps for ReadyNAS Duo v2 and NV+ v2 are available at http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24586

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you have exprienced. We appreciate your feedback and contribution to the community.

Regards,

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 5 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements