× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unable to browse my ReadyNAS device using Raidar 6.3.0 with Windows 10

TerryLu
Aspirant

Unable to browse my ReadyNAS device using Raidar 6.3.0 with Windows 10

Since my desktop has updated to Windows 10 I can no longer browse my ReadyNAS device using Raidar 6.3.0.

ReadyNAS NV+ [X-RAID]
Firmware:RAIDiator 4.1.16 [1.00a043] 

I can see the device and use it via admin but I can not access my storage volumns through Windows Explorer.  This use to work just fine.  Is there something that needs to be updated in Windows or remote access in Raidar?

Model: ReadyNAS-NV+|ReadyNAS NV+
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Your v1 NAS only supports SMBv1.  Microsoft has started deprecating SMBv1, due to security issues that were exposed in the WannaCry breakouts last year. 

So the first thing to look at is whether your Windows 10 system has the SMBv1 client installed.  There is some more information here on that: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4034314/smbv1-is-not-installed-windows-10-and-windows-serve...

Perhaps first look for in the windows event log for the specific log messages are are in the article.  Or you could try opening the Windows Control Panel. Click Programs, and then click Turn Windows features on or off (under the Programs heading). If the check box for SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support is clear, you can try setting it.

You could alternatively search the windows features for an NFS client.  If that can be installed, you could enable NFS for your shares on the NAS.  That would be more secure than using SMBv1.

If SMBv1 is still enabled on your PC, then post back for some other ideas.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Your v1 NAS only supports SMBv1.  Microsoft has started deprecating SMBv1, due to security issues that were exposed in the WannaCry breakouts last year. 

So the first thing to look at is whether your Windows 10 system has the SMBv1 client installed.  There is some more information here on that: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4034314/smbv1-is-not-installed-windows-10-and-windows-serve...

Perhaps first look for in the windows event log for the specific log messages are are in the article.  Or you could try opening the Windows Control Panel. Click Programs, and then click Turn Windows features on or off (under the Programs heading). If the check box for SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support is clear, you can try setting it.

You could alternatively search the windows features for an NFS client.  If that can be installed, you could enable NFS for your shares on the NAS.  That would be more secure than using SMBv1.

If SMBv1 is still enabled on your PC, then post back for some other ideas.

Message 2 of 4
TerryLu
Aspirant

Thanks Stephen SMB1.0 removal was exactly the problem.  Disabling "SMB 1.0/CIFS Automatic Removal" and enabling "SMB 2.0/CIFS Client" and "SMB1.0/CIFS Server" in "Turn Windows features on or off" from the Control Panel > Programs solved the problem.

Message 3 of 4
TerryLu
Aspirant

Oops, typed 2 instead of 1 - "SMB 2.0/CIFS Client" should be "SMB 1.0/CIFS Client"

Thanks Stephen SMB1.0 removal was exactly the problem.  Disabling "SMB 1.0/CIFS Automatic Removal" and enabling "SMB 1.0/CIFS Client" and "SMB1.0/CIFS Server" in "Turn Windows features on or off" from the Control Panel > Programs solved the problem.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements