× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WebDAV is read-only on ReadyNAS Duo (RAIDiator 4.1.14)

Dangthrimble
Aspirant

WebDAV is read-only on ReadyNAS Duo (RAIDiator 4.1.14)

I'm currently trying to establish a share using WebDAV for use between my iPad and PC (Win8.1). I have created a new share specifically for this purpose and, on the Share List, I have only enabled access via HTTP/S. I have set the default access to Read/write and enabled WebDAV support, but not ticked to apply any share restrictions. Both the iPad and PC (running BitKinex) are able to see the share and navigate the directories, however neither has write access.

Can anyone advise what I need to change to enable read/write access, first generally and then for a single user account?

Thanks
Message 1 of 2
Dangthrimble
Aspirant

Re: WebDAV is read-only on ReadyNAS Duo (RAIDiator 4.1.14)

Sorted it, though I don't know if the whole setup is required. Ultimately I only wanted one account to have access to the share (it was WebDAV access I needed, not shared access). I used the Advanced Options tab (something the User Manual advises users to avoid), identified the owner and group, set the appropriate rights for owner, group and everyone (in my case read/write, disabled and disabled respectively), ticked to set the permissions for existing files and applied the changes. I also restricted access on the HTTP/S tab to just the one user.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements