× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

how to reset my readynas login password

atai1960
Aspirant

how to reset my readynas login password

Hello,

I can't enter anymore on my ReadyNAS setting

When I try the usual admin password it doesn't works

How I can reset the admin password?

Thanks

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 7
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: how to reset my readynas login password

Hi atai1960,

You can do an OS reinstall on the NAS. This will reset some settings to default, such as Internet protocol settings and the administrator password. You may check this KB article for the steps on how to access the boot menu and select the OS reinstall option.

The default credentials of the RN104 is admin for the username and password for the password.

Regards,

Message 2 of 7
atai1960
Aspirant

Thanks

The reset password works

I can now log in on the admin page but I still not able to configure and map the network drive on my pc.

It still ask me the user name and password but when I enter the new credentials it say are wrong

Message 3 of 7
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi atai1960,

May I know the operating system of the computer?

Regards,

Message 4 of 7
atai1960
Aspirant

Windows 7

Message 5 of 7
evan2
NETGEAR Expert

Please check this topic, 

It should be Windows group policies changed after Windows OS update,

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/RN314-OS-6-8-1-Win10-Pro-64-bit-Fall-Creator-17...

Message 6 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@evan2 wrote:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/RN314-OS-6-8-1-Win10-Pro-64-bit-Fall-Creator-17...

That thread generally is specific to Windows 10.  But Microsoft has been making changes to the policies on guest access.

Try running the command prompt (CMD), and type

net use * /delete

net use t: \\nas-ip-address\data /user:admin nas-admin-password

using the actual NAS ip address and admin password.  If your admin password is password, then change it to something else before you try this test.

The first command terminates any open network sessions - it will either tell you that there are none, or prompt you to confirm.  If it prompts, let it proceed.

The second command attempts to mount the NAS data volume as drive letter t.  Let us know if that command works (and if not, what error you get).

If the command does work, then one option is to go into the Windows Credential Manager.  Delete any credentials that it has for the NAS, and create a new one.  If you access the NAS by both it's IP address and by it's host name, then you will want to enter one credential for each.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements