× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: page_address+c error after upgrade

namilim
Tutor

page_address+c error after upgrade

Hi everybody,

I found a similar post, but I need a suggested course of action. The other topic on this forum was new to this subject and therefore the solution was not known at that time. Many courses of action were taken; I would like to take the correct one immediately.

My ReadyNas 104 (4-bays) was upgraded earlier today to a new firmware, but is not booting anymore with the display stating "page_address+c". I'm not entirely sure about the version of the firmware; I believe it was 6.5.0 or 6.5.2

If I'm not mistaken, the error is for a firmware issue. I already created a USB recovery disk containing the 6.6 firmware, but I'm reluctant to use it without any advice from more experienced users (and preferably a NETGEAR employee).

Few question:

1. Is the USB recovery the best or only course of action? If not, please provide me the alternative.

2. Will I lose my data? The device contains approx. 8TB of data of which I don't have a backup elsewhere due to the shere volume. I have RAID configured, which I known might not be enough at some time, but a firmware issue should not be the cause of losing everything (I hope).

Thanks in advance!

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
namilim
Tutor

The solution was simpler than expected: after unplugging it was able to boot and upgrade to 6.6

Sorry for any inconvenience...

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8

All Replies
namilim
Tutor

Additional question: how can i power off my device? The power button does not work (activity LED is continually on). Do I just need to unplug the device briefly?

Message 2 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@namilim wrote:

Additional question: how can i power off my device? The power button does not work (activity LED is continually on). Do I just need to unplug the device briefly?

I'll wait for Netgear to chime in on your main post.

As far as power-off, I think you will have to unplug it. There's always some risk when you that, but it is small (I've had to pull the plug on my RN102 several times, and never lost data).

If you have enough spare disks, you could try cloning the drives in the NAS using a PC.  You'd want sector-by-sector cloning.  That will give you some fallback if there turns out to be data loss.  Probably good to label the disks by slot if you remove them (and label the clones).

Message 3 of 8
namilim
Tutor

The solution was simpler than expected: after unplugging it was able to boot and upgrade to 6.6

Sorry for any inconvenience...

Message 4 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@namilim wrote:

I'm glad it was that easy, and that everything is ok.

Message 5 of 8
asitpanda
Aspirant

Hi,

I have ReadyNas 104 Storage. Recently I have upgraded the firmware to 6.6.0. 

Now it is not working, in 98% it is showing "__out_of_memory+36c" or some time "page_address+c".

I have 5 TB of data and I have not taked backup. 

Please help. how can I will copy my DATA or how to make my storage UP.

Regards,

Asit 

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 6 of 8
namilim
Tutor

I'm not an expert. Rebooting did not help?

A possible solution could be to create a "restore" usb drive to re-implement the firmware, but please have a more experienced user make suggestions.

Message 7 of 8
StephenB
Guru

Paid Netgear support is probably your safest option (my.netgear.com).

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements