× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cant find NAS stored video file on my WD TV live?

useralun
Aspirant

Cant find NAS stored video file on my WD TV live?

Hello!
I am unable to find some video files I have stored on a READY NAS dou on my media player, WDTVlive.
I initially had difficulties in finding a film format that the media player played. I have now settled for DivX when I render the movies from Pinnacle studio. I have checked that they play by viewing them from a USB stick inserted directly to the WDTV live, they work.
The WDTVlive show all music I have stored on the NAS, it shows all pictures, but for some reason some of my rendered videos dont show up? Some do, some dont and they can be the same format and placed in the same folder too?
I would be very glad for any kind of suggestion to what it may be that causes this.

Best regards
ALUN
Message 1 of 6
vandermerwe
Master

Re: Cant find NAS stored video file on my WD TV live?

Try resetting the permissions for the share in which these files reside.
You will find the reset permissions function in the share settings.
Do you have a duo and an ultra? What is the firmware on the units?
Message 2 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Are you using DLNA, or did you configure the WD Live to directly access the NAS shares?

resetting ownership and permissions is a check-box on the "advanced tab" of the share. (look at the share list, click on the CIFS icon, then you will see the advanced tab right.

Check the box, then click the "apply" button. The check box will disappear, and the reset operation will happen in the background. When it completes there will be a pop-up, and also a log entry.
Message 3 of 6
useralun
Aspirant

Thanks for quick replies!
This is my specs:
Modell: ReadyNAS Ultra 2 [X-RAID2]
Serie: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Fast programvara: RAIDiator 4.2.22
Minne: 1024 MB [DDR3]

I suspect there is something I may have done to the NAS settings rather than something being wrong with the WD TV.

Ihave just tried the reset operation as described and will test the result shortly. I´ll be back.

/ALUN
Message 4 of 6
readee
Aspirant

I have met the same problem. i can't find the files and can't play it. thanks a lot.
Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

readee wrote:
I have met the same problem. i can't find the files and can't play it. thanks a lot.
It would be best if you opened a separate thread on your problem, complete with the details of how you are trying to find the files,your NAS and network connections.

Note the WDTV can access files through DLNA, or directly from the share. It's important to know which way you are are trying to use.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements