× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Upgrading to ReadyNAS 214

progers1000
Aspirant

Upgrading to ReadyNAS 214

My RND4000 power supply died.  I have purchased a new ReadyNAS 214.  I spoke with support and they indicated that I could move the drives from the old device into the new device.  I have tried that, keeping the drives in order but the new device is stuck on booting.  I have a few questions

1. How long should it take to boot up?

2. Is there any risk that the initial boot up would re-format the disk and lose my data?

3. Is there anything else to consider during this upgrade?

Model: ReadyNAS RNDP4000|ReadyNAS Pro 4 Chassis only,RN21400|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Upgrading to ReadyNAS 214

The process is here: https://kb.netgear.com/29876/ReadyNAS-Migrating-disks-from-RAIDiator-4-1-or-RAIDiator-5-3-to-ReadyNA...

Note that this just mounts your disks temporarily so you can offload the data.   It is not a true migration, as the RN214 does need to reformat the disks as part of it's install (and that will destroy everything on the drive).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

The process is here: https://kb.netgear.com/29876/ReadyNAS-Migrating-disks-from-RAIDiator-4-1-or-RAIDiator-5-3-to-ReadyNA...

Note that this just mounts your disks temporarily so you can offload the data.   It is not a true migration, as the RN214 does need to reformat the disks as part of it's install (and that will destroy everything on the drive).

Message 2 of 3
progers1000
Aspirant

Thank you.  This worked but more complex than what was described in the article.  Most of the work had to be done by support for a fee.  But my data is saved!!!

Model: RN214|4 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements