Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

License duration changed?

Adis
Aspirant

License duration changed?

Hi all,

We have a UTM50 Firewall. Recently we bought the Email and Web Protection licenses.

I have succesfully registered them but now I see that the duration is set to expire on 1 Jan 2017. While I registered and bought the license around 20th of June 2016. I would expect the license to be valid to at least June 20th 2017.

I have noticed this message, see https://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20830

NETGEAR currently is only allowing customers to register and activate Email or Web Subscription licenses with terms expiring on or before December 31, 2016. Subscription licenses with expiration dates beyond December 31, 2016 will be adjusted to have an end date of December 31, 2016.

So I can read that license date is adjusted to 31 dec 2016, but what is this meaning? That I will need to buy a new set of licenses by the end of this year? Or will the license end date will be adjusted next year to somewhere in June?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: License duration changed?

Hi Adis,

Welcome to the community. 

I'm afraid to inform you this means that NETGEAR will discontinue the ProSecure UTM product line.  

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Adis,

Welcome to the community. 

I'm afraid to inform you this means that NETGEAR will discontinue the ProSecure UTM product line.  

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Adis
Aspirant

Hi DaneA,

Thanks for you answer. That is a pity, especially since I bought a license for 1 year. I will contact my reseller about this.

Regards,

Adis

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements