Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

prevention of IP spoofing

RichardSo
Follower

prevention of IP spoofing

Hi,

I need a router that will conform with the requirements of my card machine providers security team.
I need a firewall, this is standard on routers now.  I need WPA2.  This i have set up.

What i do not know about is the anti IP spooofing ability.

Is it something that a router can manage?  if so which one?  or do i need to run sofftware (which is the right software - i run macs and windows 8.

My ISP, who provided the basic modem does not know anything about this so they are a buch of no help!

Any suggestons please.

Yours

Richard

Message 1 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: prevention of IP spoofing

Hi RichardSo,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

It seems that you would need a firewall with comprehensive security features like the ProSECURE Unified Threat Management (UTM) appliance.  The ProSECURE UTM product line is already End-of-Life (EOL).  I am just giving you an idea as a basis of what you should require that would fit your network security needs.  

If ever you are curious about ProSECURE UTM product line, you can access this link.  Again, use this as your basis in looking for the right firewall for your network.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: prevention of IP spoofing

@RichardSo,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Let us know if you have questions.

Otherwise, if ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements