× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Genie starts on Boot with v. 1.0.0.32 stand-alone install

Robber
Aspirant

Genie starts on Boot with v. 1.0.0.32 stand-alone install

The stand-alone install for this and previous versions purports to install only device drivers but installs Genie as well and loads it when system is booted as a Background Process named "A6100 Genie MFC Application".

This application is unwanted and unnecessary, which is exactly why I chose a stand-alone install of drivers only.  Genie can capture and monopolize more than 25% of the CPU as well as memory for extended intervals.

Uninstalling Genie from Win10 Programs & Features uninstalls the A6100 drivers as well as the Genie Software, which I find absurd since the Genie Software should not have installed with the stand-alone drivers in the first place.  Genie is not in the startup menu and can't be disabled there.  I have been ending the task in Task Manager, which causes me to use more of CPU to run Task Manager as well and is a nuisance.  It must be loading through the registry, although I cannot myself determine where the instruction there might be.

I'd like specific instructions to disable the loading of the Genie even if it must remain resident on my Acer Aspire One system.

Regards,

Robert

Model: A6100|AC600 WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Robber
Aspirant

Re: Genie starts on Boot with v. 1.0.0.32 stand-alone install

SOLVED

Deleting the "A6100.exe" parameter from CommandLine=A6100.exe so that CommandLine=

in the [Process0] section of the file:

C:\Program Files/Netgear/A6100/RtlService.ini

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Robber
Aspirant

Re: Genie starts on Boot with v. 1.0.0.32 stand-alone install

SOLVED

Deleting the "A6100.exe" parameter from CommandLine=A6100.exe so that CommandLine=

in the [Process0] section of the file:

C:\Program Files/Netgear/A6100/RtlService.ini

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7