× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WG111V3 Wireless-G Won't Work With Windows 10

Chopchop3
Aspirant

WG111V3 Wireless-G Won't Work With Windows 10

I can't get the USB adapter to work with Windows 10 so I ran an Ethernet cable to go online and tried to update the driver for the USB adapter.

The driver version says " 62.1181.1118 2009 "

and Windows tells me this is the best driver software for the device.

The Netgear WG111v3 Smart Wizard program (installed from the CD that came with the adapter) will not open.

I went to this page:

http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/en/product/WG111v3#searchResults

and downloaded Version 1.5.0.  I unzipped it and ran the Installshield Wizard program.

The window says, "The existing NETGEAR WG111v3 software will be removed..."

Click next and

"Critical Error"  

"Start menu and cortana aren't working.  We'll try to fix it the next timeyou sign in."

"Sign out now".

I did that 3 times and nothing changes.

Can anyone please help me get this WiFi adapter working with Windows 10?

Message 1 of 8
Chopchop3
Aspirant

Re: WG111V3 Wireless-G Won't Work With Windows 10

I tried the software version 2.0.0 as well.  

It uninstalled the previous software then installed the new software and the Smart Wizard still won't open.  The LED on the wifi adapter is not flashing either.

Message 2 of 8
JamesGL
Master

Hi @Chopchop3,

This device does not have driver for Windows 10. You may check the link below for adapters that will work with Windows 10.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29490/~/netgear-product-support-for-microsoft-windows-...

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 3 of 8
Chitown18th
Initiate

So My WG111v3 is now garbage with no solution for incompatibility issues coming I am forced to buy another adapter well it won't be netgear if this is the case.
Message 4 of 8
Chitown18th
Initiate

Message 5 of 8
natesuniverse
Initiate

Message 6 of 8
natesuniverse
Initiate

I also did a install using the 2.0 software but used Win 7 compatibility mode.  This seems to be working for now. Otherwise just point the driver search to the download from the above link from device manager and should work through windows.  I like having the options of the software too though.

Message 7 of 8
joxs64
Aspirant

I got it to work on Windows 10 as well. Not sure exactly what made it work but here is the sequence I followed.

1) Ran 2.0 installer under win 7.0 compatibility mode. Still wasn't working and it was showing up with an exclamation mark in Device manager.

2) In device manager right clicked the device, selected update driver and selected "Search automatically for drivers".

Started working. See attached screenshot of the installed drivers against the device.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7