× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1200 Wifi Range Extender not working!

ChrisJM
Follower

AC1200 Wifi Range Extender not working!

So, I’m not sure if this si thw right board, but I’m having trouble with the Netgear Dual Gigabit wifi extender that’s currentely installed at my Grans house.

It was working fine and as intended before - however as my Grans internet went down (at least thats whats she told me), the connection to the wifi extender has gone.

I tried the usual as I have one myself - factory reset, then pressing the WPS on the extender and the router. However, it doesn’t seem to have solved the issue even though when I go on the netgear genie it says it’s connected fine, the lights on the front are all green and the desktop at my Grans house is picking it up (my phone too!).

The desktop is saying “Secure, No Internet”, which is strange as when I connect to the router directly rather than through the extender using my phone and turning off data it works perfectley fine.

I tried looking online but couldn’t fin much, also there are no wired connections other than the ones in the router cupboard so I can’t really connect the extender to an ethernet cable in the room I wish to set it up and try it there.

I have tried multiple times to reset it, and clicking the WPS button, as well as using the netgear genie online setup to no avail.

Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated!!
Model: R6200v2|AC1200 Dual Band Gigabit Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: AC1200 Wifi Range Extender not working!

What extender model is this?

You can set it up without using WPS - just reset it, join the extender network, and browse to www.mywifiext.net.

Message 2 of 3
Gods_Chancla
Initiate

Re: AC1200 Wifi Range Extender not working!

I'm having the EXACT same problem, but your suggestion doesn't hep. With or without pressing the WPS button on the extender, it only broadcasts the connection for a short amound of time. When I tried to connect to it, it says "Unavailabe to Connect", then the broadcast dissappears. 

Model: EX6150|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7