× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

All LED lights blinking intermittent and not able to log in

andreah1
Apprentice

All LED lights blinking intermittent and not able to log in

I received the EX3700 yesterday in hopes of extending my signal a little further for a camera to pick up.  Live in a small home - 1500 sq. ft. ranch.  Router is on one side of the house and want to put the extender as far as I can on the other side - around 45 to 50 ft. away.  After hours of trying to get the extender hooked up last night (will explain shortly) I "think" I got it working and put it on the other end of the house, around 45 ft way.  Once plugged in, got green lights for power and router....didn't attempt to hook up camera yet as it is outside and have to bring it in close to the extender.  Happened to turn back and look at the extender again and the router light was amber for a few seconds, then red, then green and it keeps doing this over and over.  I've tried powering it off, moving to a closer outlet (within 30 ft but now won't be close enough to the camera I fear) and same issue.  It keeps cycling thru the lights.  

I'm guessing it's not set up right but had a heck of an issue trying to do it.  I am unable to log in to routerlogin thru any browser I used, and I went thru all the troubleshooting steps.  No luck.  I finally downloaded the nighthawk app and wasn't able to get that to help either.  Somehow thru all of this all of a sudden the extender login page (to set up) popped up so I quick set it up.  After that one time wasn't able to get anything to work to see if it was set up correctly.  

I'm older and this stuff is just not easy for me to comprehend so at a loss as to what to do besides return the extender and give up.  Hoping maybe someone can guide me thru kindergarten style?  🙂  I'm wondering why I can't log in to routerlogin?  I do have the netgear genie on my computer but that too is hard for me to comprehend.  There are 10-13 devices showing on it and they all have numbered ssid's (think that is the correct wording?) so I have no idea which is which?  When I click on one it doesn't tell me much nor allow me to make any changes.  I'm totally at a loss here.  My router is a netgear as well but don't have the type in front of me and not home - it's an ac if that helps and pretty sure it's a nighthawk (would be on the cheaper end).  

Model: EX3700|AC750 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 15
plemans
Guru

Re: All LED lights blinking intermittent and not able to log in

the routerlogin address if for a router. 

the extender uses mywifiext . net or its ip address. 

Did you try those? 

you can try factory resetting the extender and reinstalling it. 

Use the installation assistant. And move it away from the router in steps. It could be getting interference/obstruction issues. 

Message 2 of 15
andreah1
Apprentice

Sorry, should have clarified, I used both addresses, the mywifi when trying to set up the extender and the routerlogin when I was trying to see if something was wrong with my router.  Neither would work, the mywifi worked once randomly, long enough that I thought I set up the extender but now not sure all all the lights keep going thru this routine and don't stop.  

What installation assistant?  I didn't have anything like that pop up - I refreshed over and over when trying to set up the extender and as I said it randomly popped up finally...there was no assistant, I just clicked on set up new extender, had to check both 2.4 and 5 and put in the password I wanted.  How do I find the installation assistant?  That would probably help!  I will reset tonight and try again and also try your hint of moving slowly towards where I want it to go.   Have an open concept house so not sure what could be disturbing it, the router and extender can just about "see" each other.  🙂  

Message 3 of 15
plemans
Guru

Message 4 of 15
andreah1
Apprentice

Thank you, just viewed, it's exactly what I did last night.  The first few times I wasn't sure I was supposed to keep my regular connection there or not but I clicked on the extender, "connected" then tried to go to mywifi, as I said, it didn't work most times but finally did.  So, maybe all is good and I'll just reset and do it again tonight and slowly move it to where I want it.  Still baffled as to why I can't log in to routerlogin.

Message 5 of 15
plemans
Guru

what router do you have it connected to? 

Message 6 of 15
andreah1
Apprentice

Had to do some searching as not at home - c7000

Message 7 of 15
plemans
Guru

If you're using the c7000, you should be able to set it up using the wps method of setup. 

Message 8 of 15
andreah1
Apprentice

Ok, that would be easier, but probably stupid question: would it use the same password, have the same name, etc...just "ext" on the end?  So to sign on to it I would use the same password as I use for the main?  Trying to achieve that for simplicity.  And, if the lights continue to go thru whatever it is that they won't stop doing, I guess I assume it just won't work for me?  If I have to move it much closer I may as well not bother....I put it in the middle of where I need it to reach, which was about 40-45 ft from the router and there might be one drywall area in it's path.  Frustrating.

Message 9 of 15
plemans
Guru

It should use the same name with _ext at the end and the same password. 

Message 10 of 15
andreah1
Apprentice

I did some moving around and think I have it working, just need to figure out how to move my router without it being in the way.  Besides that, I am connected thru the "ext" and still cannot log into mywifi....it says you are not connected to your extender's network.  ???  I tried in chrome, then in firefox...while in firefox it connected and said there was an update but then went kaput and said the same, you are not connected.  I'm at a loss.  And when I have the router connected (by ethernet) still no luck with routerlogin.  

Message 11 of 15
plemans
Guru

Try logging into the router and finding the extenders IP address. Use that to access the extender

Message 12 of 15
andreah1
Apprentice

Can't log in to the router, have tried 3 different browsers, etc.  I was able to get into the extender, once.  I am able to see it through netgear genie and of course can access the router thru that but completely unable to by browser which I don't understand at all.  I give up.  

Message 13 of 15
plemans
Guru

You can't access the router at all?

Not even hardwired into it? 
hardwired in, try 192.168.100.1

Message 14 of 15
andreah1
Apprentice

Have tried with ethernet and wireless, routerlogin.com, routerlogin.net (both take me to the netgear home page) and 3 different browsers.  Nope.  BUT, can see it with the genie app on my desktop.  I just tried 192.168.100.1 and it worked.  Why doesn't routerlogin work?  I guess it doesn't matter...I'm a persistant person, keep going til I figure it out.  But think I will let this one go, it's frustrating.  Thanks!  

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7