× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't Connect AC1200 WiFi Range Extender to the setup page

jglefler
Tutor

Can't Connect AC1200 WiFi Range Extender to the setup page

Hello,

I was able to connect my Netgear AC1200 Model EX6120 WiFi Range Extender to the mywifiext setup page with no problems until recently. I recently changed my SSID name but this problem preceded that.

I have tried connecting to the AC1200 via WiFi and RJ45 cable. In both cases I am redirected to the "You are not connected to your extender's WiFi network" page instead of the WiFi Range Extender setup page. The AC1200 Router, Power, and Device lights are green and the 2.4 and 5.0 EXT networks show up. I log onto the 2.4EXT network and try to connect to the mywifiext setup page but keep getting the "not connected" page.

I have tried holding the reset button in for 7 seconds but that doesn't seem to help. I have a Windows 10 Home 64 bit system. Any suggestions to resolve this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

John

Model: EX6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
jglefler
Tutor

Re: Can't Connect AC1200 WiFi Range Extender to the setup page

Excellent information plemans. I really appreciate your prompt reply to my request for help. I will try your suggestions and post the results.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

When you factory reset push and hold the reset while its powerd on for 7-15 seconds. The lights should flash when held long enough. 

When you hardwire into it for setup, disable the wifi on whatever device you're connecting to it so it doesn't default back to the wireless connection. 

Try that. 

Message 2 of 5
jglefler
Tutor

Excellent information plemans. I really appreciate your prompt reply to my request for help. I will try your suggestions and post the results.

Message 3 of 5
jglefler
Tutor

You are a star, plemans. Your first suggestion worked. I held the reset button in and it started to blink at about 5 seconds. This time I didn't release it at 7 seconds as I did before. I held it for 25 seconds. For the first time NETGEAR_EXT showed up as a network option. I logged on and tried to go to the mywifiext page but it still would not load. I then tried 192.168.1.250 and it worked! I was then able to complete the extender's setup. Thank you so much for your kind help.

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

Glad to hear it worked! 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements